15. The Cute Boy Fan Page

That evening, Yo was relaxing in Ming's room scrolling through Facebook and Instagram. There were many posts about the Moon and Star competition coming up and many people seemed to be excited about it. He stopped scrolling when he landed on a particular Facebook post.

"Ai'Ming! They posted the introduction videos!" Yo yelled while sitting upright on the bed.

Ming came running out of the bathroom and plopped down next to Wayo.

"Where's mine? How many votes do I have?" Ming asked excitedly.

"Oi. Don't be so conceited." Yo said clicking on the competition page and scrolling through the videos until he found Ming's. He pushed play and turned up the volume. A very handsome Ming appeared on the screen and his charming voice rang out through the laptop speakers.

"Sawatdii krap tuk khon. Ming Kwan, from the faculty of engineering khrap, eighteen years old."."

Yo nudged Ming playfully as his video continued to play. Ming looked as excited as ever as he watched his video. The video only lasted a minute and half. When it ended with Ming blowing his kiss to the camera, Ming grinned.

"Not bad, if I do say so myself! How many votes?"

The both looked at the amount of likes Ming's video had and saw that he was already over one thousand.

"They like me!" Ming exclaimed.

Yo laughed and shook his head. "Such a prick."

"Don't be jealous!" Ming nudged him. "Where's yours?"

Yo began to scroll some more until he found his own video. He instantly grew nervous. His recording had been a complete disaster. How would his video turn out?

He pushed play on his video and braced himself for the worst. The video faded open to an embarrassed looking Yo who was smiling shyly. In the video he laughed nervously and said, "Sorry, I'm nervous." Then the video cut to him standing patiently while the stylist fixed his hair and him looking out past the camera and sticking his tongue out. That was when he had looked at Ming.

Then the video cut again to cheering in the background (P'Ging and the other seniors) and Yo giggling and covering his face. Then he finally started talking.

"Sawatdii Krap," He waiied to the camera. "My name is Wayo Panitchayasawad from the faculty of science."

"Ugh, I'm horrible!" Yo shouted out.

"Shhh!" Ming shushed him.

The video cut again to him giving P'Ging, who was off camera, a serious (but cute) look, and then giggling again.

"I promise to do my best as the moon of your university. Please take care of me." Then he was shown throwing up his two finger hearts, bidding goodbye to the camera, and blushing as he walked off screen.

"I'm doomed." Yo said, tossing the laptop to the side and laying out over the bed. Ming grabbed it in a hurry.

"Are you kidding?? Look at the comments!"

Yo immediately sat back up and leaned over Ming's shoulder as he scrolled down through the comments.

"Kiyahhhh he's so cute!!!"

"I am so giving him a rose. Look at that precious face!"

"He's adorable."

"Such a mochii!"

"I'm a guy and even I think he's very cute. He'll get my rose."

Ming continued to scroll faster now. "Uwuhhh! The comments go on forever!"

Yo was in such shock he didn't know what to say. "B-but, my video was a disaster."

"I told you people like cute and awkward when it's natural. Let's check out your votes."

They scrolled back up to the top and saw that he had just surpassed 900 likes on the video.

"You're more popular than you think!" Ming smiled.

They began to look through all the photos they had to take from the first few days and saw that both of their pictures also had a lot of likes and comments. A couple of the comments were from a strange looking page.

"What's that?" Yo asked pointing. Ming clicked on the name and was taken to another page that had pictures of many different attractive guys. But they saw that the most recent pictures were of Ming, Yo, and a few of the other Moon contestants.

"It's a fan page!" Ming shouted. But it was Yo that had the most pictures posted of him. "Who ever this is, they love you."

Yo was shocked to see so many photos of him. He had no idea when half of them had even been taken. Ming kept scrolling until he scrolled past one particular picture.

"Wait, go back!" Yo exclaimed. Ming scrolled back slowly until Yo told him to stop.

It was a picture of him standing in front of the multitude of students in his major from the very first meeting, when he was chosen to be the Moon of the faculty.

"I know whose fan page this is." Yo said knowingly. "It's the Fairy Angel Gang."

"Who??" Ming looked at him incredulously.

"The Fairy Angel Gang. Monty, Fatty, and the twins. And some girls too. They asked me on the first day if they could take my picture and put it on their fan page, but Monty said they wouldn't bother me. I guess they did it anyway." Yo said, turning back to the computer in amazement.

"Well it's clear they love you but look at all the likes and comments you have on here. Its more than your likes on the competition page!"

And he was right about that. On almost every photo they landed on, Yo's pictures had countless likes and comments.

"Do you think they're trying to boost my chance of winning? They are in my faculty. They could just want a science major to win this year." Yo said, finally moving away from Ming.

"Orrrr, they could be completely obsessed with you. Both are very viable possibilities."

Yo thought for a moment but he had no idea what to say so he remained quiet. It was a few moments before he spoke again.

"I appreciate all their support, but I think I know who is going to win this year."

"Who?"

"You! You're a big hit so far. Your video and pictures on the competition page have the highest ratings right now. Even your pair video with the Star from your faculty has higher ratings."

And it was true. Ming was doing exceptionally well with his ratings, but he didn't let it go to his head.

"True. But the actual competition day still matters a lot. There is voting that happens there too and don't forget the rose and gift ceremony."

Yo had forgotten about that part. All of this was just so completely new to him, it was hard to keep track of everything it entailed. He was so used to hiding his face and being seen as an ugly nerd, having all this attention on him because people actually found him attractive was a surprising change.

"Hey, Ai'Ming, I hope you win the competition this year." Yo said sincerely.

"Ayye. But what about your bet? You have to win or else you will be P'Pha's servant for a week."

"I would like to win because of that." He said looking off, then turned back to Ming. "But I can see how much you are really enjoying this. You can't hide that you want to win. I hope you get it, then. The title suits you better than it would ever suit me."

"What did I say about those negative thoughts?" Ming began to scold him but Yo waved his hand to stop him.

"I'm being serious. I will be happy if you win."

Ming looked at him for a moment then leaned close to him.

"So does that mean you will start a fan page for me and get me lots of votes?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"You-!" Yo raised his hand and Ming quickly sprinted off the bed.