3. The Announcement

"I can't believe it! I really can't believe it! How can he be here at this university?? Out of all the universities in Thailand, he chooses this one!"

Yo had been carrying on like this ever since they had arrived at the restaurant and Ming was growing tired of it. He just wanted to eat his food in peace.

"How many times are you going to ask the same questions?" Ming asks in an annoyed voice.

"But really, Ming. What are the odds?"

"I don't know, but he's here now and there's nothing either of us can do about it."

Yo slouches in his seat and looks away towards the windows. His mouth curved down at the corners as he pouted.

"Ai'Yo, come on. Eat your food, it's getting cold." Ming says soothingly. "Don't let it upset you so much."

"How can I not be upset about it?" Yo pokes his lips out and begins pushing his rice around his plate with his spoon.

"You both will be in completely different faculties. We know he wants to be a doctor, so he will be in the faculty of medicine. You're in the faculty of science. They are on completely opposite ends of the campus."

Yo thought about it and his expression became happier. "You're right. Maybe I won't see him so much."

"I'm always right. What would you ever do without me?" Ming smiles haughtily then shovels more food into his mouth.

"No, really Ai'Ming. What would I do without you? You stood in front of me and I was sure that jerk was going to punch me in the face."

Ming brushed off the compliment. "You're my best friend. No one is going to punch you in the face as long as I'm around. Never forget that." He said seriously.

Yo nodded then finally began to eat again.

~~~

A week had passed since move in day and Yo and Ming had finally purchased their uniforms and books and were going to start attending the freshman activities. Yo had gotten the message that the Faculty of Science was going to be meeting on the bleachers by the basketball courts for an important meeting. When he got there, the bleachers were already filled with all the students from the faculty. He had thought he was arriving early, but he and a few others were the last few stragglers to arrive.

Each section of the bleachers was divided according to major within the faculty. Yo spotted the section labeled 'Biology' then headed over and took a seat in an empty space on the bleachers. Some of the people around him smiled and nodded their heads at him. He smiled back. He had no idea what was going on, so he couldn't help but feel a little nervous. He tugged at his tie as he tried to make himself comfortable.

"Do you have any idea what this meeting is about?" The girl next to him asked him. Yo shook his head.

"I hope it's not anything bad."

"Me too."

"Hi, my name is Nate. What's yours?"

"I'm Wayo, but my friends just call me Yo."

"Nice to meet you Ai'Yo."

Yo smiled at the girl. She was very pretty and had a soft, sweet voice. She was pale and had long dark hair. She seemed to be very nice. Yo's attention was taken away from her when he heard some squealing and very obvious whispering behind him.

"He's so adorable! He's definitely going on our cute boy fan page."

"Shh! He will hear you."

"Look at them together, they are so precious."