16. Wayo's "anti" Fan Club

*Phana's chapter*

"Sawatdii khrap. My name is Wayo Panitchayasawad from the faculty of science." Wayo's voice rang out through Phana's laptop speakers for the nth time. He had been watching the video of Yo all evening and couldn't stop himself from smiling each and every time. All of Yo's giggling and blushing made Phana want to squirm in happiness but he refrained from doing so with Beam and Kit around.

"Ai'Pha, how many times are you going to watch that video?" Kit asked him absentmindedly. He was sitting in a corner of Phana's room reviewing his notes for class.

"I know. They should be counting views instead of likes. With all your views, he would already win the competition." Beam chimed in. He was sitting at Phana's desk and was going over his notes too.

"You have to admit, Ai'Beam. He was pretty cute." Kit said.

"Hey!" Phana paused the video and threw Kit a death glare. Kit raised his hands in surrender.

"I was just saying. I wasn't thinking anything." He said in a hurry.

Phana turned back to his computer and pushed the play button again. Kit and Beam exchanged glances. Leave it to Phana to become possessive over someone he did not even have.

"I promise to do my best as the moon of your university. Please take care of me." The Wayo on camera finished. Phana finally set his computer to the side and stood up.

"Finally done drooling over your honey?" Beam asked. Phana ruffled his hair and Beam cried out in annoyance.

"I think he might win the competition." Phana said as he made his way over to his mini fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

Beam turned to look at Kit and Kit looked back at him as he sat up in his seat.

"You mean...you actually want him to win?" Kit asked.

"What about the bet?" Beam asked in confusion.

"What about it?" Phana asked, focusing on his water bottle (there was nothing to focus on. He just wanted to try and distract himself).

"If you lose this bet, Ai'Pha, you can't talk to him again. Those were your words, not his."

"It might make him happy if I don't talk to him again..." Phana's voice drifted off sadly.

"Uh-uh! We did not come this far for you to give up!" Beam stood to his feet.

"What's going on, Ai'Pha? You were doing a good job...sort of." Kit said, trying to cheer him up.

"He's going to start receiving so much attention now that he is a Moon. He is already all over that cute boy fan page." Phana sulked.

"But you were on that fan page too, remember? Who ever runs that page just likes anyone that's tall or good looking. Sometimes both. You just so happen to be both. N'Yo just so happens to be good looking." Kit offered.

"Yea, being painfully adorable is still considered good looking. You can't expect other people not to like him just because he doesn't fit the description of a typical Moon." Beam told him.

Phana paused before speaking again. "I really want to talk to him." Both Beam and Kit could hear the sincerity in his voice.

"Then..." Kit thought for a moment.

"Then we have to make sure he loses the competition!" Beam shouted. Both Phana and Kit looked at him like he was slightly crazy.

"How are we gonna do that?" Kit asked him, frowning.

"Yea, Ai'Beam. We can't rig the results."

"We won't rig it. We will just support another Moon. The rose ceremony is the final ballot for the winner, isn't it?"

Phana began to catch on. "So who will we support instead?"

Beam turned to Kit and grinned. "You've been spending a lot of time with him lately, Ai'Kit."

Kit immediately started turning pink in the cheeks and he turned and stomped back to his corner of the room.

"Nong'Ming?" Phana questioned. Beam nodded.

"No way!" Kit threw himself back into his seat.

"Come on, it'll be perfect." Beam walked over to him.

"That's not being honest! Besides, I think he really wants to win."

"Then that's great! He wants to win, so we'll make him win." Beam smiled.

"That's not what I meant, dummy. He wants to win the honest way. By people that actually support his campaign."

"You guys have become quite close." Phana said coolly. "Who have you voted for?"

"Nong'Yo, of course!" Kit stated. He shoved his papers up to his face and began acting like he was reading them. But he could no longer concentrate.

"And who else?"

Kit was quiet as he still fake-read his papers.

"You have been supporting N'Ming, haven't you?" Beam asked him. When Kit's face grew a deeper shade of pink, Beam began to smile again.

"Don't tell me..." He started.

"No!" Kit yelled.

Beam fell out laughing, rolling around on the floor like a hooligan. Phana looked completely shocked and amused by all of this. He looked from Beam (who was hooting and hollering like a banshee) to Kit (who was now as red as a tomato and looking extremely grumpy).

"Ai'Kit, is it true?" Phana asked.

"Is what true?" He barked at him.

"You have a crush on Nong'Ming!" Beam squealed through his laughter.

"I DO NOT." Kit jumped to his feet and glared at them both. When Beam wouldn't stop laughing, Kit began to throw Phana's pillows at him.

"Aw, come on Ai'Beam. I don't think either of us are in a position to laugh at him right now." Phana said walking over and placing an arm around Kit's shoulder. Kit folded his arms and looked away from him.

"Okay, okay." Beam said getting up and dabbing at his eyes. Was it really even that funny?

"So you've already been supporting N'Ming, then. All I'm saying is that we will continue to support him with you...so that N'Yo won't win." Beam finished.

Kit frowned at Beam then slowly looked at Phana who was now looking very eager.

"Ai'Pha?"

"Please, Ai'Kit. If something goes wrong, I swear I will make it up to you." Phana pleaded.

"...fine."

"Whoohoo!" Beam cheered. Phana grinned and he and Beam high fived each other.

"But!"

They both grew quiet at Kit's rebuttal.

"We give our roses last. That way we can see if N'Ming really would have won without our help."

Beam looked to Phana to see what he thought about it but he was already nodding his head.

"That's fair." He said.

Kit groaned as he tossed Phana's arm off of him and returned back to his seat in the corner.

"Don't bother me, I'm studying!" He snapped at them.

Phana was still smiling when he returned to his own seat and picked his laptop back up. Maybe he would watch Wayo's video one more time...