10. Preparations (part 1)

Yo had to wake up early the next morning for more photos. He wasn't sure what these photos were going to be for. They had already taken individual photos, paired photos, and group photos. How many more photos were really necessary?

After his shower he began to put on his uniform. After he was dressed, he called Ming. Although Ming was trying to hide it, he seemed to be a bit cranky lately and had gone out drinking for two nights in a row. Once again, he had not invited Yo so he really didn't know if Ming was out drinking with friends or not. It wasn't like Ming to hide his feelings from Yo. But he was also still being a great friend by continuing to support Yo in this competition even though he was also a contestant in it.

"Hello?" Ming said sleepily into his phone.

"Ai'Ming! Aren't you awake yet? We have photos again today." Yo said. He had him on speaker so that he could use both hands to put on his tie.

"I'm up, I'm up." Ming said in a groggy voice.

"What's the matter with you, Ai'Ming? This is the second night you have gone out drinking. You can't let college turn you into an alcoholic. We haven't even received homework yet!"

"Alright, alright. You're turning into my mother." Annoyance started working its way into Ming's groggy voice.

"Are you dressed?"

"Yea..."

Yo knew he was lying. If his voice was any indication, Ming was still lying in bed.

"I'll be at your door in five minutes."

"Five minutes!" Ming yelled.

"If you're dressed then it should be no problem. See you in five." He hung up before Ming could say anything else. Served him right for being so careless and going out drinking again.

After he was finished making his tie look neat, he walked over to his dresser to grab his keys and wallet. As he looked down to begin shoving his items in his bag, his eyes landed on the waste basket that had the empty pink milk cup in it.

Had Phana really bought that drink for him? And if he did, why? Phana hated Yo and Yo wasn't so sure he liked him very much either. He was just too mean.

Yo shook his head to get the thoughts out of his brain, zipped up his bag, then left to head to Ming's room.

~~~

Once again, Ming was wearing his dark sunglasses that looked so good on him. He had the same pink flush on his cheeks and he wore a stern expression that gave him that bad boy look.

"Ai'Ming, are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?"

Ming was silent as they walked to the building they were supposed to be taking photos at. Yo waited. It must be something serious if it had Ming, who was always happy, in such a funk like this. Finally, Ming spoke.

"Pang broke up with me." He said flatly.

"What!?" Yo yelled in shock and stopped walking. Ming stopped and turned to face him.

"That...that evil bitch!" Yo spat.

"Ai'Yo...don't." Ming started.

"No! Everything you have ever done for that girl. You always give her everything she wants yet she still treats you like crap. You come to the same university as her and what does she do? She breaks up with you! You treated her like a princess!" Yo fumed.

Ming turned and started walking again and Yo followed.

"If I were a girl I would punch her face in!" Yo said, his voice full of disgust. It took a moment to realize that Ming still had not said anything else. Yo looked up at him. His expression was as stern as ever.