44. 2 Moons (Phana's chapter)

Phana woke up in a panic when his alarm went off. He checked his phone and saw that he had two missed calls from Yo. He cursed himself as he tried to clear his eyes out. He did in fact text Yo last night once his phone got enough of a charge to do so, but he ended up falling asleep before Yo could even reply. Seeing that Yo had tried to call twice made his stomach flip.

What if he thinks I'm trying to play hard to get?

That was the last thing he wanted. All he wanted now was for all this to end so he could just hug him and call him his wife again. His only wife.

He also saw that he had quite a few missed messages from Beam and Kit. Since they talked so much, they shared a group chat to be able to talk to each other easier.

Beam: Hey, Pha, are you awake?

Kit: I don't think he's awake.

Beam: Waaakkkeee upppp!

Beam: W

Beam: A

Beam: K

Beam: E

Beam: UP!

Kit: You're not helping, Beam!

Beam: Sorry.

Kit: Ai'Pha, we are going out to eat tomorrow night. There is a new restaurant down by the beach. Beam's driving.

Beam: Be ready by 6 o'clock! We had to make reservations for this shit so don't be late.

Phana shook his head and set his phone down. Leave it to Beam to find a new restaurant to go to. How could he be so hungry all the time yet stay so skinny? Either way, Phana was happy to try some new food. The food places near the school were good, but he would be lying if he didn't admit that he was tired of eating the same food every day.

"Oh, N'Yo!" Phana snatched his phone back up and tried to call Yo back but after so many rings it went to voicemail. He was probably in class already.

"Hey uh...it's me...Phana. I'm sorry I missed when you called. I uh...fell asleep. Um..."

Phana ran his hands through his hair and looked around. Why was he so nervous?

"Call me back when you get this...I want to see you."

He hung up the phone and stared at it for a while until he realized that it was getting late. He tossed his phone then ran to the shower to start getting ready for the day.

~~~

The day actually went by rather quickly. Phana only had two back to back classes that day so he was finished before noon. Then he had a quick meeting with his adviser at 1, then after, he headed back to his room for a nap. It was supposed to be a quick nap but he ended up sleeping for almost three hours.

He woke up and immediately checked his phone. No messages from Yo.

Where is he and why won't he respond? Phana frowned. It was almost 4pm so surely Yo had seen his message, right?

Phana walked over to his desk and was about to get started on his homework when there was a loud banging on his door.

"Ai'Pha, it's us!" Beam's voice yelled from behind the door.

"Stop screaming. The whole floor will hear us, idiot." He heard Kit whisper loudly.

Phana got up and let his friends in.