13. Four Eyes (Phana's version)

Phana was annoyed that he had to get to the rehearsal early. He and the other former Moons and Stars would be helping set up the rehearsal space and bring water for the new freshman.

Why do I have to do this? I never wanted to be a Moon in the first place! He thought angrily.

He forced Kit and Beam to come with him so he wouldn't have to go alone. And if he was occupied talking to them, that meant he wouldn't have to spend time entertaining all the girls that constantly ran up to him and fluttered their eyelashes in his face. He hated all the flirting, and he wasn't good at pretending to be nice. He had hurt a few girl's feelings on more than one occasion.

As he was putting his shirt on there was a loud banging on his door. He ran to open it and was greeted by Beam's loud mouth.

"Ai'Pha! So you are awake." Beam said loudly as he walked in. Kit was close in step behind him.

"Must you be so loud?" Phana asked in an annoyed voice.

"Still mad you have to go help out?" Beam smiled.

"We should be the ones upset. We're the ones being forced to go. By you." Kit said grumpily, throwing himself into a chair in the corner.

"Hurry up and put all that away. You're making us mere human beings look bad." Beam said, gesturing at Phana's open shirt exposing his chest and abs. Phana smirked.

"Jealous, Ai'Beam?"

"Of you? Not a chance. You might have a great body but your face could use some work."

Phana swatted at him and Beam ducked and laughed.

"I don't know why you don't want to go. We all know you want to see your sweetheart." Kit said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Phana avoided his gaze as he began to button his shirt.

"Here we go again with this!" Beam threw his hands in the air. He walked back over to Phana, who was in the mirror, and gave him a hearty slap on the back.

"Listen to me closely. Read my lips if you have to. You. Are. In. Looooovvveee."

"Come on, Ai'Pha. I thought we agreed that you were going to be nice to him now. What's so hard about it?" Kit chimed in.

"I don't know, okay??" Phana yelled and everyone became quiet. Kit and Beam looked at each other. They hadn't expected their teasing to actually upset Phana, so it was a moment before anyone spoke again.

"I just...I don't know. I don't know what I feel." His voice was much calmer now. He walked over to his balcony door and stood looking out the window. "Whenever I look at him I just feel so confused. I want to be near him. I want to hold his hand. But I also feel really annoyed."

Beam and Kit waited as Phana gathered everything he wanted to say. Phana shook his head.

"He's just...he's just so freakin perfect that I don't know whether I want to kiss him or hurt him." He paused, then shook his head again. "And none of that even makes any sense."

Kit got up from the chair he was sitting in and walked over to Phana.

"It's okay to be scared, Ai'Pha."

Phana didn't want to respond to that. If he did, he would have to admit that yes, he was scared. Scared of loving Yo. Scared of chasing after him and giving him his heart. Scared that Yo might reject him.

"Ai'Pha, we don't know what will happen, but you don't either unless you go for it."

He looked at Kit but he didn't know what to say.