33. Payback or Love

Yo's alarm went off and he reluctantly sat up in his bed

Yo's alarm went off and he reluctantly sat up in his bed. He had been dreaming about Phana and he didn't want his dream to end. Just like in his dramatic flashback, the dream ended right before he could actually kiss Phana and it left him internally screaming.

Yo slid his legs off the bed and looked over at his bedside clock. His heart leaped into his throat when he saw the numbers read 8:32.

"Shia!" He yelled out and leaped out the bed and ran to the bathroom to hurry and brush his teeth. His class started at 8am. He wouldn't have been worrying so much about arriving late to class, only his professor for this particular class was quite scary and wasn't very kind to students that showed up late to his class.

Yo brushed his teeth so fast he could barely taste the toothpaste. He splashed some water on his face and threw his school uniform on, hoping that he wasn't wrinkled because he didn't have time to iron it. He snatched his glasses off his bedside table, cursing under his breath that he didn't have enough time to put his contacts in. After grabbing his keys and book bag, he fled out the door.

When he turned to lock the door, he froze. Taped to his door was a single lavender colored rose with a note tied to it. Yo's heart instantly began fluttering in his chest as he carefully peeled the tape off the rose. He slowly opened the note.

Lavender. The color of enchantment and love at first sight. The first time I ever saw you was 4 years ago at a basketball game. I was surrounded by people but you captured my eye and suddenly, I couldn't breathe anymore. You were standing there with a water bottle in your hand. You said nothing to me and I had no idea what to say to you, so I walked away. But that was the day I first felt these feelings inside me. Let this rose be a symbol of my first love for you.

Yours truly,

Phana.

Yo smiled happily and brought the rose and note to his chest, internally squealing. Who knew Phana had such a way with words! Yo actually remembered that day too. Phana didn't know it, but Yo had been standing there hoping to get close to Phana but Phana had been surrounded by a bunch of screaming girls. Yo had brought the cold water, hoping that he could give it to him. But when Phana stumbled over to him it was almost as if his brain froze. Gripping the water tightly, he forgot how to say congratulations or to even simply hand the water bottle over. Phana was wearing such a stern expression, Yo didn't know if he would have even accepted the water in the first place. Before Yo could work up the courage to finally speak to him, Phana walked away.

 Before Yo could work up the courage to finally speak to him, Phana walked away