23. One Night Only

*Tuesday, day 3 of servant week*

That night, Yo couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned in his bed but sleep just wouldn't come. The only thing on his mind was Phana. Phana with his slim hips wrapped in a towel; The way Phana would look at him; The way Phana actually reached out to lift his chin with his finger. 

What had he been about to tell him?? Damn P'Beam and P'Kit! They ruined everything. Yo screamed in his head.

Yo reached over and picked up his phone to see if he had any Line messages. He was hoping that a message would be from Phana until he remembered that Phana didn't even have his number. Yo groaned and tossed his phone to the side. Phana had made a complete 180 degree turn with his attitude towards Yo. He was almost acting as if...he liked him, and that thought gave Yo butterflies but also confused him even more.

Yo had told Phana that he was going to check on him later in the day but he never did. He knew that P'Beam and P'Kit were there and their friendship was unbreakable. There was no way they were going to leave their leader any time soon when he had been hurt. Would Phana have been happy if Yo had come back? Would he even care?

"Arrghhhh!" Yo screamed as he buried his head under his pillow. It was a long time before sleep finally grabbed him and he began his soft snoring.

~~~

Yo woke up the next morning without his alarm clock. His heart was beating fast and he felt jittery so he just went ahead and got up out of bed. He showered and got dressed and made his way out to pick up some breakfast for Phana. Maybe he could lie to him and tell him that he fell asleep last night so he forgot to check on him like he promised. Would he believe that or would he try and punish him by making him do more chores for this stupid bet?

It didn't take long before Yo was back in front of Phana's door, holding a container of rice with an omelet. He held his fist up at the door, deciding whether or not he should knock.

"Just do it, Wayo. Don't be a wimp." He mumbled under his breath. He took a deep breath and was about to knock when the door swung open and Phana was there with a duffel bag over his shoulder.

"Oh! Shorty." Phana said in surprise. He glanced at his watch. "What are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming."

Yo was surprised to hear that he didn't actually sound upset about it. He looked at the bag that was flung across his shoulder.

"Are you going somewhere, P'?"

Phana sighed and rolled his eyes a little bit. "Yea. My mom wants me to come home so she can make sure I'm okay." He paused awkwardly. "She's just worried about her only son, you know?"

"Can you walk better?"

Yo noticed that his ankle was taped up. Kit or Beam must have done it for him, or maybe they forced him to go to the infirmary last night.

"I can with this tape, but it still hurts some."

Yo nodded.

"You still haven't told me why you're here."

"Oh...I uh..." Yo's heart began to speed up as he looked at the food in his hand. Then he thrust it forward toward Phana. "You're breakfast."

Phana smirked and took the bag of food. "Thanks, Shorty."

There was silence again.

"You should go pack your things." Phana said suddenly.

"Huh??" Yo looked up so fast, he almost hurt his neck.