39. Another Chance

Yo and Ming walked in silence to the canteen for lunch. Yo was feeling really insecure at the moment because just like Phana, he was pretty used to people staring at him now, but it was the way people happened to be staring at him this time that made him uncomfortable. He was walking so close to Ming he tripped over the backs of Ming's shoes.

"Oi, Ai'Yo! Must you walk so close to me?" He said harshly. "No one is going to jump out the bushes and murder you."

"But everyone looks so mean today."

"They're jealous. Not crazy. They wouldn't dare touch a hair on your pretty little head if they really think you're dating Phana."

Yo really wanted to believe him but he couldn't shake the insecurities building inside of him. Were they staring because he was gay or were they staring because he was dating Phana? Either way, he just wanted all the staring to stop.

"Baby Yo, over here!" Monty's voice called out. Both Ming and Yo turned their heads to see the Fairy Angel Gang sitting at a table and waving them over. Yo immediately started making his way over when Ming put his arm out to stop him.

"Ai'Yooo." He whispered. "Do we really have to go over there?"

"Stop acting so scared and come on! They won't eat you." Yo snapped as he walked off.

"I'm not so sure about that..." Ming mumbled under his breath then reluctantly followed after him.

"Congratulations on winning the heart of the most handsome Moon to ever walk this campus!" Monty exclaimed, clapping his hands.

"With the exception of you, Ming, of course." Fatty cooed while reaching out to stroke Ming's arm. Ming smiled tersely then turned to give Yo a look as if to say, 'I told you so!' but Yo shook his head and laughed it off.

"You have been getting so much support on the Cute Boy Fan Page. People love you, Baby Yo!" One of the twins grinned.

"I'm not so sure about that..."

"What do you mean?"

"People have been acting so weird today." Yo said looking at two girls walk by and stare. One started whispering to the other but Yo, as well as everyone else, heard the name Phana slip from her lips.

"Do you have no shame that you can talk about a man right here in front of his face? Be gone from here you peasants!" Fatty scolded the girls in the most dramatic way that only she knew how to do. Both of the girls gave Fatty dirty looks before hurrying on to where ever they were going.

"That is what I mean." Yo said sadly.

"Don't be sad, Yo. All great people have other people that hate them. They are just jealous. Shoot...even I'm jealous you get to date Phana." Monty said.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you." Ming chimed in. "Don't let this effect you so much."

The table fell quiet as they all felt sorry for Yo and how hard he was taking this. They were startled when a voice sounded behind them all.

"Can I talk to you, Yo?"

Yo turned to see Sujin standing there. Ming automatically narrowed his eyes. What does this clown want? He thought angrily.

"Er....is something wrong, P'Jin?"

"I have just been wanting to talk to you."

"Okay." Yo said, not getting up.

Sujin looked from Yo to Ming to the rest of the Fairy Angels. All eyes were on him.

"I was hoping we could talk in private."