4. Pink Milk

Yo headed toward the canteen near his faculty in a rush. He had to tell Ming! He was sure Ming wouldn't be able to believe it. He could hardly believe it himself.

Wayo Panitchayasawad was going to be the Moon representative of the science faculty. The same Wayo that was ugly and scrawny with braces back in high school. The same Wayo that had to wear large ugly glasses because he was as blind as a bat (thank God for contacts!). The same Wayo who was too scared to speak up for himself and was constantly bullied by the only person he ever loved. How could all that have changed the moment he came to college?

Wayo arrived at the canteen and immediately began scanning the tables for Ming, but he could not find him. He checked his watch and could feel himself growing impatient. Of all the times Ming chose to be late, why did it have to be this time? He needed his help. Ming had always been confident and charming without a second thought. He needed Ming to teach him his ways.

Yo decided to take a seat in an empty spot at the end of a table. He looked over at the other end and saw three girls that he had never seen before looking at him. They each smiled at him. He shyly smiled back then turned away. Was it his imagination or was he already getting more attention? Maybe he was just being paranoid.

It felt like hours had passed before Ming finally showed up, even though it had only been five minutes.

"Ai'Ming, over here!" Yo waved him over. Ming bounded over and smiled when he reached him. "So, what's the big news? I also have some pretty big news to share." He said taking the seat across from Yo.

Neither of them noticed the three girls at the end of the table grow even more excited and start whispering and giggling when Ming arrived. Yo was used to the attention that Ming received on the daily. He had been getting attention like this since they were in high school together. No matter where Ming went, girls took notice and never hesitated to make it known that they were available. And Ming may come off as a super charming player, but he was faithful and never cheated on anyone he was dating. He was always polite, but never gave other girls more attention than necessary.

That never seemed to matter to stupid Pang, though. But that was another story...

"So, tell me what's up." Ming asked as he placed his bag on the table beside him.

"I'm going to be the Moon representative of my faculty!" Yo blurted out in a rush. He took a deep breath as if he had been waiting hours to get it off his chest.

Ming let out a cry of surprise. "Haha, brother! So, we will be in it together then!" He said happily.

Yo looked confused. "Do you mean...?"

"Yup. You're looking at the Moon representative for the Faculty of Engineering." Ming puffed out his chest proudly.

Yo was instantly comforted by the fact that he would know someone in the competition and suddenly being in the competition didn't seem so frightening anymore. But he knew he still needed some help.

"Ming, how can I represent my faculty? This is a pageant. Don't you have to be good looking and have special talents to be in a pageant?"

"Don't be silly! You have good looks. You might not be as handsome as me but you're cute enough."

"Aye!" Yo raised his fist as if he were going to hit Ming and Ming laughed.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! But really, you're not ugly, Yo." Ming said seriously. "You have always been insecure about your looks, but you should really do away with those negative feelings. And you have talents!"