40. Will You Trust Me?

The rest of the day didn't really get any better. After the confrontation between Phana and Sujin, Yo remained nervous for the rest of the day and did everything he could to avoid seeing Sujin again. That meant taking the long ways to his classes because he didn't want to walk past the school of business. Sujin seemed to have a lot of friends so Yo didn't want any of Sujin's business friends to see him either.

"Ai'Yo, why so late today?" Nate asked as Yo rushed to his seat, ducking his head so the professor wouldn't see him. Nate removed her bag so he could sit down.

"Thanks for saving me a seat." Yo whispered. "I took the long way to get here." He and Nate weren't especially close but she always seemed to look out for him when it came to keeping up with this particular class. It was his latest class of the day and he didn't understand the material that well either.

"The long way? What for?"

"It's a long story." Yo sighed as he took out his notebook and a pen.

Nate watched him for a moment. She looked around to make sure nobody was listening before leaning in and whispering. "Does this have anything to do with P'Phana?"

Yo sighed again even harder and nodded.

"Are you trying to avoid him now? I thought you liked him."

"I do like him. But there is someone else that I don't like. This person is making things a little bit difficult..." He paused before shaking his head. "Rumors get around so fast here!"

Nate looked at him sadly and nodded her head. It was true. She had also seen the photos the day they were posted and witnessed how the amount of 'likes' and comments on the page increased in such a short amount of time.

"Are you worried?"

Yo nodded.

"Don't worry, Yo. People can be pretty mean but if you read the comments, there are more nice ones than bad ones. Here, I'll show you." She took out her phone and immediately logged into Facebook to search for the photo.

"Well I've been getting more mean stares than nice ones all day today."

Yo rested his hand on his chin as he stared at the professor at the front of the room drone on and on. Many of the kids looked bored and a couple of them were even sleeping. Why did I even come to this class today? I could skip it and my professor would never even know it. Yo groaned to himself.

"Uh...Yo...?"

Yo turned to face Nate and saw she was staring at her phone with a shocked expression on her face. She turned to face Yo and her expression turned to worry.

"What is it, Nate?"

She slowly handed the phone over to him. Yo took the phone and his eyes immediately went big.

"It can't be true..." Yo whispered in shock.

"Maybe there is a misunderstanding. Maybe it's not what it looks like." Nate said hopefully.

"It just can't be true..."

On the screen was a picture of a very smiley Phana standing next to the Star from his faculty, a girl named Pring. They were looking at each other and laughing. Yo scrolled and saw that the next photo was of the back of them, walking away, with her arm linked through his. Under the photo was the caption 'Looks like our Campus Moon has two lovers.'

Yo slowly brought the phone down. Phana and Pring? Where did she even come from? How did she even get into this little scenario?

Nate took her phone out of Yo's limp hands. "Don't jump to conclusions yet, Yo. Maybe this is all a mistake."