28. Sujin

Yo stood in his room tossing his notebooks and anything else he needed into his backpack. In his Intro to Science class his teacher had already assigned a huge paper to write. The students were to choose any element from the periodic table and write a paper about it. Yo hated it. It felt like the assignment was just given as "busy work". He was grateful that Ming agreed to accompany him to the library. Ming and the rest of his peers in the faculty of engineering already needed to begin studying for their first upcoming test. And Ming, who was normally always calm and confident, was completely freaking out.

"Classes have only been in session for two days. Two days! And we've already got a test to prepare for?" He had complained last night on the phone. "Why'd I ever come to college?"

"Because you don't want to be poor and homeless." Yo said flatly. In high school, Ming always complained about homework assignments and often copied off of Yo. Now that they were in college and in different majors, he couldn't do that anymore. But he still took the liberty to complain incessantly.

After throwing in his pencil case and grabbing his keys, Yo headed to Ming's room so they could walk over to the library together.

*At the library*

"Oi! Look how crowded it is. We'll never find a table to ourselves with all these people. The entire engineering faculty must be here." Ming exclaimed as he looked around the library. They had already been to two floors and he had seen nothing but familiar faces and no empty tables.

"There are a lot of science students here too." Yo said looking around. They walked around slowly, not realizing that as they passed each table, people would stop what they were doing and stare. A couple girls even took out their phones to snap some pictures. It was a moment before Yo realized what was happening.

"Ai'Ming...why is everyone staring at us?" Yo whispered.

"Don't ask questions, just smile and keep walking." Ming whispered back. He looked over at a table of girls and waiied to them. They erupted into a fit of squeals and giggles.

With everything that was going on with Phana, Yo had completely forgotten about the Moon and Star competition. He and Ming were Moons. That's why everyone was staring!

Yo smiled awkwardly at the girls and waved at them. Once again, they erupted into squeals. Ming grabbed Yo's arm and quickly led him away.

"Look! I see an empty table!" Ming called out and nearly dragged Yo down an aisle. But he stopped short when he realized that the table was occupied by someone else. The guy looked up at them.

"Oh, sorry. I thought this table was open." Ming said to the guy. The guy broke into a grin when he saw Yo.

"Nong!"

"P'Sujin? Hello." Yo waiied to him. Sujin stood to his feet and waiied at the both of them. "You can share the table with me if you like. I got lucky when I found this table."

Yo smiled as he set down his bag and began to unpack. Ming remained standing and watched Sujin take his seat again, staring at Yo. Ming roughly nudged Yo.

"Hey!" Yo looked up at him.

"Aren't you going to introduce us, Ai'Yo? You both seem to know each other." Ming said eyeing Sujin.

"Oh, I forgot. P' this is my friend Ming. Ming, this is P'Sujin. He is from the faculty of Business and he's from Korea!"

Ming stuck his hand out for a hand shake. "I'm his best friend. Nice to meet you."

Sujin shook his hand and bowed at the same time. "Likewise."

"So how did you guys meet?" Ming asked, finally taking his seat.