31. I Spy (part 2)

Once again, Beam and Kit had to basically jog in order to keep up with Phana's brisk walk.

"Why are we running, Ai'Pha? Nong said that we still have thirty minutes." Beam huffed after him. But Phana didn't respond. He was too focused on getting to the science building.

Once they made it inside, Kit stopped and leaned down to rest his hands on his knees, breathing hard.

"I think I need to get in shape." He wheezed.

Beam wiped the sweat from his forehead. "You could always just ask Nong'Ming to train you." He smiled mischievously, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You!" Kit swatted at him but he ducked out the way before his hand could reach him.

"Come on you two!" Phana said from down the hall.

They walked down the hall, each looking in different classes to see if Wayo was in any of them.

"Pha! I found him." Beam whispered loudly, waving him over. Both Phana and Kit ran over to peer inside the room from the small windows that lined the door. There was Yo, crouched over his desk, scribbling away in his notes.

"Isn't he so cute?" Phana sighed.

Kit and Beam exchanged looks and shook their heads at their pitiful leader. How could he be so smart in the classroom but so dumb when it came to love?

"So what now? Will you just stand here and stare at him?" Kit moved away from the window and looked at Phana.

"I will wait for his class to end so I can talk to him."

"But I'm hungryyyy." Beam whined.

"Fine. Go eat then. I'll wait alone." Phana turned back to the window.

"We're not just going to leave you here, Ai'Pha." Kit said.

"Really. I will be fine. Nong probably won't want to talk to me with you two just watching us."

"That's probably true." Kit looked at Beam then back at Phana. "Alright then. We'll catch you later. You want anything to eat?"

Phana shook his head. "I can't eat. I'm nervous."

Kit moved to rest his hand on Phana's shoulder. "You can do this. Just be patient with his negative emotions and tell him how you feel. Don't give up."

"Yea. You got this, big guy." Beam patted his other shoulder. "Su su!"

"Mm." Phana nodded.

Kit and Beam walked off toward the canteen, leaving Phana alone by the door. He glanced in the room one last time before checking his watch. He still had twenty minutes until Yo's class ended, so he might as well have a seat. He walked over to a bench that was a few doors down in a corner and sat down.

He bounced his leg nervously and kept checking his watch. The time seemed to be ticking by sooooo slowly but yet as each minute went by, the butterflies in his stomach increased. He looked at his watch again. Sixteen minutes to go.

A group of students walked by, staring at him and whispering.

"Omigod, look! It's the campus moon!" One of them whispered. But Phana didn't see or hear them. He was too focused on his watch and on Yo. He stood up to look inside the classroom again, then sat back down. Then he stood up again and began to pace, peeking inside the classroom each time he passed the door. He was going to drive himself crazy if he didn't calm the heck down, so he sat down...again.