Some Growth Tips on Instagram

To my community: Please do check out my Instagram posts. It is full of lyrics, pictures from this beautiful part of Sweden and more. All indie musicians need to work hard at getting followers (I do too) so that people can hear about their music and be blessed by it. Some sell their souls trying - I refuse. But it is fun to meet new people and learn from others and that is another reason why I am on Instagram. You should be there too. It's fun and interesting. See you there! 

Content is king

Of course everyone should post regularly with great content. Videos and stories are best right now but great quality pictures are good too. For a musician, it could be your studio, a gig, your guitar or some piece of paper with lyrics you are working on But your latest shoes could be interesting too. Read on...

Post similar theme/subject, and make sure that you have Instagram hashtags that draw a good amount of people, say hashtags with over 25,000 but less than 250,000 hits. That will give you a better chance to be seen by people and to get good stats so that the Instagram algorithm might push your stuff forward according to Adam Ivy. Adam has a lot of great tips. Check him out. 

Most Instagrammers suggest that you post 1/3 of your posts about promoting your product (music) and 2/3 is about you. Be honest, vulnerable at times and above all be yourself. No one likes a fake! 

Amount of hashtags?Use tags 10-15 will do say some, a full 28 say others. The limit is 28 and you can get past that by adding a & sign before the hashtag symbol say some but the truth is unclear. (see the above video).

To find tags the work use https://autogramtags.com

Buying likes sucks but it works for some apparently

There are ways to buy yourself into popularity by "buying likes". I am not into this but if you are interested here's an example. https://iswift.io/#

Understanding how they do it can help you in your Instagram strategy tho.

It works like this. You pay them to login to your account and from your account they like other peoples' posts.

So plastic! Yuck! Makes you wonder if the likes you've been getting are real or not. I like to keep my growth organic. 

I follow hashtags that interest me and comment on other's great posts every day except Sundays. This has lead to a constant follower growth. I have stopped following back every single person because it gets difficult to see the content I really need. 

I have a lot more to say about Instagram but I will leave it here for now. 

Until next time!

More about me? Copy and past the following link in your browser!

https://linktr.ee/ekitzing

Please feel free to leave a comment and any tips you might have so that other indies can