Getting Heard Using Testing & Secondary Advantage

Today

Today I plan to exercise, mix 4 hours and get some errands done between laundry. I already posted to Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook this morning before 9:00. I did a video in my Open camera app with the song Those Eyes (because I felt like it.) Not live, because I get more control that way. I hope to post a live song and see what difference they make on impacting people on FB. Today I tried something new too - I used hashtags on my video on Facebook. So, testing is something I do every day, even today. Oh the life of a full time indie musician...

In the video above, he takes up some basic stuff we as indie musicians need to remember - be current with your stuff, do it well and get feedback from people in the know - not just your grandma who always says those super kind words no matter how bad you perform. 

Making a dent 

All indie musician's want to "make it" in the industry. But the truth is that all of us can't. Someone said that of all the music out on Spotify, only 10% gets listened to more than a few times. There is a lot of noise out there and we get fooled into believing that it is only the best that survive. I have been hampered by this fear of failure until now, let me tell you. It affected my editing and mixing an almost crippled me. I over edited and have had trouble getting my songs to a premaster mix because of the fear of failure. 

I want to change the world one song at a time. But I have to get the songs done (#1) and share them correctly (#2) with my story (#3) to the right group of people (who need my message of peace of mind). That is why I am in the process of testing how to succeed in social media. I'll let you know what I find, later. 

Testing Social Media

So, I am working on the music daily and I am testing different things on the various outlets I'm on. The all work differently and they all have different types of followers. Pretty soon I am going to make a decision which ones to use most. 

Today I took some time to listen to the next two videos to get a "think" about how to get heard more because an album release requires a following and I don't have a big enough one yet. 

We have been train in so many ways to be better but we need to be different. Its good to be better but it is better to be different in everything but especially when making music. 

Sally Hogshead explains why. This is soooo important. 

I'm just like Jägermeister

I have had people say I can't sing, I'm too old, my Jesus is just a make believe fantasy, I will never be beautiful an so on. They stuff I write about is, just like a shot, hard to swallow at times because it doesn't compromise and often provokes to change. But when you've got a listen you feel the buzz in your heart. 

So, when branding and marketing my music I have to embrace my differences and lift up my stand out stuff that can fascinate people and engage them. My face reminds me of the taste of Jägermeister- I don't  look great in comparison of all the young babes in the music industry. I don't even have the best voice or the latest clothes or any backing or any music theory knowledge. I have no clue where all this is going. But DESPITE all that I am making beautiful and awesome music with vibe and I keep going and going. Why? Cause I want people to get what I have found, a knowledge that they don't have to prove their worth because they are already loved, already accepted, already valuable before lifting a little finger. But I am going to use that for my advantage.