Mastering Stress

This week is going to go down in history. Last week was great too - the filming (with a professional camera man and drone), of a music video for my debut single, Midnight Lullaby. I finished the lyrics video too! 

I don't have time to write in full today but here is a short synopsis: this week is epic chaos.

I submitted my single Midnight Lullaby on Tuesday evening. Wednesday morning it was good for the go acc to the mastering studio and then panic set in. 

I found out that the Mastering studio was ready to master my single on Friday (tomorrow) and to master the Change My Mind album on Monday and Tuesday. Payment for the single was supposed to be paid in full today. 85 USD! 

I had just moved the money from my Paypal account to my SEB bank account because I thought I could pay from there. But it hadn't arrived yet. I couldn't attach my SEB account to my Paypal. etc...So I had to pay through my other bank. So I moved 7000 SEK to that bank account from SEB to pay back my husband and my bank. Done. Paid the mastering studio Then send a proof of payment and all the meta data to the mastering studio. 

No ISRC!

Because I ordered one from CDBaby. Spent an hour reading about alternatives...

Does it matter if I have an IRSC code at the moment it is mastered? I don't know. Asked Nicholas - the mastering engineer about it. waiting for an answer. 

Then I looked at the booking for the mastering session for the album - almost 1000 USD more to pay by the 5th. 

Then I cried. Yes, I cried...

All this money and all these years (five!). No one supporting me except my husband and two sisters (small amounts compared to the costs). All this money flowing like I am bleeding out of my hands. Why isn't anyone else interested in helping me financially? I am dying over here. Clearly I am a fool. No one in their right mind goes into independent music creation. It is like being a sheep thrown into a pack of wolves. As long as you can pay you can play. 

It would be nice to make some money on these songs not just pay money. I need to pay my bills too. I feel used by the industry but it is my own fault. Cheer up Elisabeth, soon you have release your own music. 

But every day I wonder if I am insane for doing this....

But, after I think about it, I am not doing it for me. I am doing it for my kids and for all those hungry for the unconditional love of God. 

P

P.S. Talk about stress syndrome: By the end of the week I had a bad case of stomach pain, had to quit drinking coffee, eating fried food and strong spices. but now, just about a week later I am starting to feel a bit better. Although I am still feeling queazy and weak. D.s.