CDBaby & Show.co Promotion

I am releasing my music through CDBaby. They have some awesome tools indies like me can use.

In the top video .....

This article was written by an independent artist that recorded an EP in his bedroom studio at the age of twenty and through an inexpensive series of campaign moves got his songs featured on curated Spotify Playlists:  https://diymusician.cdbaby.com/music-promotion/how-i-got-on-official-spotify-playlists-as-an-unknown-independent-musician/?utm_content=buffer467e1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=general

Note: (added August 15th 2020)

If you are living outside the U.S. Make sure that you check all the details about tax forms BEFORE you sign up with CDBaby. If you live in Sweden like me, you might want to release your music through Amuse or some other music service that can help you keep all your business in one country. I found out after I released the album that CDBaby could not give me PRO Distribution because I am an American, living abroad. So, I got a refund for the difference between a Pro and Standard distribution. 

I did a show.co ad and it didn't in itself drive much traffic to my music on Spotify or iTunes /Apple. (Much better is adding a linktr.ee ad to all your stuff all over the planet. The music was loaded up late by CDBaby to Deezer and they wrote the name of the artist on multiple sites wrong. All in all I was pretty tired of using CDBaby and am looking for a better way to go forward with future projects. 

I didn't get onto all the sites they told me they were going to distribute my music to automatically. I had to submit my music to Pandora using the UPC code that CDBaby provides. Still haven't heard how that went.

But at the time I wrote this original post, I thought CDBaby was the best way to go. But no longer.

I think the worst thing of all is that CDBaby allows you to buy a UPC code for singles when you don't need to at all. Go figure. Who sells physical singles nowadays? I was duped 20$ a song for each UPC code because I was new at this. I know better now. Shame on you CDBaby,,,,,

As a Christian I have to let this go, forgive and move on. It's great to forgive - it makes you free. So here we go...I forgive you, CDBaby, but I won't be using you for new projects beyond the ones I've already paid for. Bye.