Overhaul of My Youtube Channel

It's that time again.

As part of my effort to get things in order before I release my first album, I plan on cleaning up my social media channels. First out is my YouTube channel. In this chapter I am going to set some goals for what needs to be changed and give myself a schedule to live by so that I have S.M.A.R.T. goals - something I have mentioned earlier in my books - and get the changes done on time. 

I just saw the above video by Damien Keyes about the way he helped the three man band Superbird to remake their YouTube Channel and get subscribers. Damien is a bit of a wiz on bands and social media - check him out. 

This is how my YouTube channel is doing:

I'm not ashamed to post this (That almost no one is looking at my stuff) because

1. I am busy creating music and the videos have to wait a bit

2. I know that I am going to see some major positive changes in viewer stats as soon as I add better content in the near future. 

My goal for my Youtube channel is to get at least 500 subscribers before Christmas. It is going to take some hard effort. 

I've seen that my channel has 46 subscribers at this time and it is not moving. I need 100 subscribers in order to claim my personal URL. A personal URL is much better than a series of letters and numbers that no one can remember. (At present it is called "UCYzkKKC_ZmhwhAsZWejVuMQ". Who can possible remember that? 

So, how do I get more subscribers? Better content, better metadata and marketing

How do I get better content? 

1. Clean up the channel, 

- delete unnecessary stuff or simply make them unlisted.

- post only music from now on and inspirational podcasts in the future. 

- Prepare as the first one the  "Jag Lutar Mig Mot Dig Alltid" video

2. Get a style and a haircut, go to a secondhand store and find some clothes that will rock in the video. Be me!

3.. Make an introductory video "Welcome to my channel"

4. Post the demo of Just How Good from 2015

5. Invite ALL my friends to subscribe

So, I went to my Facebook pages and did some live videos with good content (Updates and encouragement) asking my friends to subscribe on my Youtube channel and added a link to it in the comments. It will take some work to get this rolling.