1/3 of the Album Ready for Mastering! & Music Promotion Machine

October 18, 2018

This morning at about 4:55 a.m. I couldn't sleep so I started my work day, checking emails. (This is not a recommended way to begin any day, but today was an exception). That's when I saw an email from Nicholas Di Lorenzo from Panorama Mastering about the latest version of Just How Good I'd submitted a few days earlier. He had asked for some changes and I had worked with Per G Imsen online to get those changes and a few of my own changes done and had sent the result to him. Now came the judgement. He wrote:

"Wow, I just had a listen and what a great transformation! This mix certainly tells a story, great work!

N."

A smile grew over my face as a sigh of relief emptied my chest. After all these years! This is the most important song to me in some ways. I have been told by secular industry professionals in Sweden and in the U.S. that this is a synch-able (sellable for advertising) track even when it was in it's simplest form. Now it is totally amazing thanks to the work that the team on this song has done. It has raised eyebrows wherever it has been played. I am so looking forward to its release! 

Celebrate the wins

Now that makes 1/3 of the album ready for mastering! Yay! We celebrated it this morning by letting my husband take one of my little encouragement stickers on to the matrix we've set up in a closet. Three of the 12 songs now have stickers. That means there are 9 without but the goal is to have six of the twelve songs ready for mastering before Christmas. We celebrate each song's being approved for mastering in this way. I'm saving the cake for when all 12 are through the process!

I immediately added posts about this small achievement across all my social media posts. Also a way to celebrate!  This is a way to keep my community cheering and longing for the album, too. 

Music Promotion Machine

I just bought a music promotion course from Justin Smith at Music Promotion Machine for $47. Justin founded a page called Jammob.com where he writes about music promotion and there is a description of his education and experience there. 

I was looking to watch a YouTube video about Instagram music promotion when his ad came up. Then I listened and thought this guy is better at promotion than a whole bunch of others I've listened to. I followed my gut feeling and bought the course. I'll let you know as I check it out. 

For now I need to

1. Read the ebook Jason Smith sent when I signed up

2. Update my homepage so that email accumulation works automatically

3. exercise

4. Fix the arrangement on the fourth song that I am to submit to mastering - The Vine needs to be de-cluttered.....

Music webdesign in action (Wix)

Links 

http://www.jammob.com/author/justin/

wix.com

https://twitter.com/ekitzing