Dec 2nd, 2019 My first Press Release

Two kinds of press releases

There is a difference between getting the story behind my music out there and pitching my music to A&Rs or radio shows. 

Pitching music:

The video on the top is a good summary on how to get your music release ready for playlist consideration, A&Rs, music magazines and anyone else you are pitching your releases to. 

Pitching the story behind the music

Today I had a meeting with a professional freelance journalist who has contacts in many major Swedish publications. It will cost me 1250 SEK including VAT but it is worth it. She knows the ones that could be potentially interested in a deeper story behind my music. She said I contacted her in the nick of time as those who put together magazines prepare their stories months ahead. It is the beginning of December and they are already planning or have cemented the stuff they are going to publish in February according to her. 

Things that helped us in this meeting

1. My One Page that I had created for the album release. 

2. A list of chronological bullet points explaining  my path to becoming a musician and releasing the album Chang My Mind

She listened, took notes and asked some more qualifying questions. 

It is a good thing to have to explain to someone else just how you  think and how you got to where you are now. 

Now all I have to do is wait and see what this brings...and pay another bill. 

Until next time...