Music Makes You Stronger

I came across an article that adds to the many reasons why it is great to listen to music and great to make music for those who listen to it. Music doesn't only heal & help you, entertain and empower your soul and fill up the empty void inside of you... Music makes you stronger! 

We have all experienced the feeling that running to music provides. It is much easier to workout at the gym to music you like. In the article (see link below) it says that music helps you in many unexpected ways

1- It distracts you from pain

2. Sets the pace for a rigorous workout

3. Improves your motor coordination

4. Speeds up reaction time

5. Increases your strength.

So, after you've eaten all the Christmas food, and gained a few pounds too many, get yourself pumping to a Spotify List that keeps you happy while you do your moves. Youtube has tons of workout music too. If you have Spotify that is...

(Btw did you know that the artist in each song and the songwriter of that song get paid by Spotify only if you listen to more than 30 seconds of the song?)

I have found that working out to other people's Spotify lists works best. If I interrupt my workout time to find new artists, I stop pumping and surf for the next song and then I lose my momentum. I am making it a New Years resolution to make my own list with artists I like so that I can do a workout without stopping. 

I am looking forward to trying this out myself and placing a workout list on my Spotify account in 2019. When I am done, I'll test it, evaluate it and perfect it. The idea is to be able to do the same sort of lighter workout every day and another, tougher one two times a week. That means two separate lists. 

Enjoy your New Year No matter what resolutions you have. I'll be back after the holidays with a summary of the year and a glimpse forward to the next. 

Have a great one for now....

Read it here: http://www.musicthinktank.com/blog/5-unexpected-ways-music-improves-your-workout.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+musicthinktankprimaryrss+%28Music+Think+Tank%29