1M plays on Spotify?

As I finish (remix) the last tracks on the album, Change My Mind, I am working towards increasing my followers and building the foundation of a great release.

There are all sorts of ways to do it but this time around my budget is low and I need to do things for free as much as possible.

I share the video on the top to point you to someone who is doing a great job encouraging indies. Using his tips along w Ari Herstand's book, Adam Ivy's and other industry Youtubers tips, I've started using 1 hour a day M - F working on building that foundation.

It really is hard work.

Yesterday I saw this video.

I don't think people realise it but in order to get people's attention you have to network. You throw out nets that work. The video above has one of many strategies:

It's not manipulation. It is about letting people know you have something they might need and seeing if you get a match.

Focus. Now I am spread all over the place on social media. My main focus has been Facebook and Instagram. Insta wasn't growing and I needed to ask myself why.

Adam Ivy suggests following 12 hot hashtags that you yourself use AND that are trending and comment on them without using only fire emojis. Do it daily and see the interaction increase.

Consistency. Post great content of high quailty often. In Sunny's video she found that there were certain exact times of day to post that gave the greatest response. She also found that text posts gave great engagement.

I am beginning to find out what posts give me the greatest engagement and what times are optimal using statistics/apps. Being consistent with posting these is my next step.

Is it possible to get 1 million plays on Spotify? We'll see!