Three Days Until The Album Release

Well, this is what has happened since last time (in short). I finally got the Midnight Lullaby official music video put together and posted it last Friday. Turns out the videographer was sick and couldn't see any sense in him editing the video when I already had created one in iMovie. So he sent me the time lapse star sequence that you see above and I added it to what I already had. I adjusted the words to time everything, created a thumbnail and the credits page in Canva and then uploaded it.

After that I went to my social media and posted about it everywhere: Insta, FB, Patreon, Twitter etc.

I created some Wavves with the new album, Change My Mind, pitched to more radio stations, added my tracks to the Swedish Radio Station Sr.se thorough their "musikportal". And much much more.

Timing is everything

Then the Corona virus scare started swelling and I started to under stand that the timing God has is impeccable. A few months ago I don't think that people would listen to my music as intently but because of the virus pandemic, people are searching for existential truths, safety, peace of mind and something, anything positive to cheer them up. It is a great opportunity to encourage people and I think it will land well, considering how people need it right now.

Talking about timing, I had been looking for a guitar stol that I could use on this Friday. I had been searching for it for a few years off and on. Today I felt lead to drive past Genarp on my way home from my in-laws (they are 85 and 86 and I was shopping and doing errands for them). It is a beautiful day and Genarp is a beautiful place. It was a bit of a detour but I felt something inside me telling me that the chair was there. So I went there to the second-hand store.

The employees were there but it wasn't supposed to open for another two hours. I asked them to check and see if there was a bar chair that I could play guitar on - promising that if there was, I could wait outside for two hours because I have a kong drive. The looked and there it was. Only 55 SEK and they let me pay right away so I could get home. Whoohoo! After a beautiful drive, a nap and some pizza I recorded some more electric guitar solo videos to stick into the Change My Mind official music video that needed some extra pizzaz.

 Whoohoo! After a beautiful drive, a nap and some pizza I recorded some more electric guitar solo videos to stick into the Change My Mind official music video that needed some extra pizzaz

I am going to use the chair when I send live on Friday. I am planning an all day long digital album release party full of fun: new music video releases, stories, live music and more. I will probably be sending on Facebook Live. I have been trying to learn Youtube Live streaming using OBS but I haven't gotten the hang of it yet. 

Podcasts

Podcasts

Oh, I also did a podcast for the story behind the first song on the album. (The podcasts are like a shorter version of the book I am writing called Change My Mind, a Journey From Stress to Rest. I want to give people a free audio book option and the "Change My Mind Podcasts" on Apple Music and SoundCloud will be it. 

Spotify

I also updated my Artist account on Spotify, sent out invitations to all the musicians on the album project to send a little video and tell about themselves so I can share it on Friday. I sent them each a downloadable link to the songs they were involved in too. 

I shared the pre-save link to my album as well. 

Practicing

I have been practicing sets for Friday but am still rusty. 

Gotta get back to work. 

Until next time.