Uploading The Change My Mind Album

As I write, I have a steak in the oven and I am uploading the songs on the Change My Mind album. You'd think I'd be elated that I can do three things at once and that my album is finally going to be published and distributed globally on March 20th. I AM glad to be a multitasker, but I am not happy with the results on the album. 

Instead of thinking about all the "if only I had done this or that instead" mantras, I am going to shut up and be thankful that I could get this far with my limited knowledge of music, with the fact that I threw away my years (chasing wind) and lost my dreams for decades but it is now realised

My music isn't polished or professional and maybe that is the point, I did it anyway. In a world where everything is Instagram pretty and Spotify cool, I am just my own imperfect me. I did as well as I could. Maybe I over edited here and there or had too much sibilance in that song or too little here or there. I'm sorry but I didn't see the problems coming or I rushed to deadlines and I was plain and simple tired of listening to the same songs over and over again. But I am proud that I tried and that I did as well as I could for now. 

In the future I am going to need someone to collaborate with before I send tracks to mastering. But, honestly, I am sick and tired of the whole idea of making music right now. It only costs money, steals my pension and keeps me out of shape. If I knew what it would cost me maybe I never would have started doing it in the first place or, maybe, I might have worked part time and paid someone else to mix my albums. The result would have been better..

But now I know what not to do and a whole lot about what to do. And that means I can't stop now. If I continue, I can release songs faster and I have a truckload waiting. 

But first I need to check w hubby if we are good for the go. I am too close to the project to know. He will have to listen to the two songs I messed up with and we will have to make a decision to remix and remaster or just let it be public. I don't know. 

If you are looking into becoming an indie musician, count the cost before you do it. It will cost you everything. If your passion, discipline and creativity are great you can do it. But everyone around you will want you to pay for every little service and you need the money. Find the balance and do your best and be satisfied with what you do. Appreciate the fact that you are privileged to do this and enjoy what you do because you do. Don't ever do it for other people entirely. 

I started out making this for my kids. I hope they will at least like one or two songs on the album.