Chapter 21

Josie's POV

I felt my phone vibrate next to me, making my entire mattress lightly shake. I blinked my eyes open and groaned as I grabbed my phone.

I rubbed my eyes as I squinted at my bright screen through my sleepy eyes. I felt butterflies when I saw Billies name displayed across my screen with two unread messages next to it.

I unlocked my phone to see what she said.

Billie: come over today?
Billie: we need to talk

I read her messages and my happy butterflies were quickly replaced with anxiety.

Did I do something wrong? Does she regret everything already?

My worried thoughts were interrupted by the small text bubble appearing in our messages meaning she was typing again.

I waited for her text, the anticipation nearly killing me. My phone buzzed in my hands as my eyes immediately read her message.

Billie: plus i jus wanna see u

I felt my anxiety lower, but it was still there. I wonder what she has to talk to me about?

Josie: yeah (:
Josie: i'll get ready & head over

I set my phone down and made my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower and get ready.

I stood outside the now familiar door that read the number eighteen on it. I felt my nerves stir in my stomach as I waited for her to answer the door after I knocked.

"Hey." She smiled at me.

"Hi." I returned the smile.

"Come in." She said as she stepped aside for me to enter her home.

I did so and followed her to her room. I sat down on her silky sheets as she closed the door behind us. She then proceeded to sit Indian style, facing me.

"Is everything okay?" I worriedly asked, anxious to know what she wanted to talk about.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?" She looked at me, confused.

"I don't know. You said we had to talk. I thought maybe you-" I rambled due to my nerves.

"Oh my god Josie. Shut up." She cut me off, knowing where I was going with this.

She stole a quick kiss from my lips, catching me off guard, reassuring me of any doubt I had prior to the kiss.

I looked down at my hands, holding a light blush on my face. Although I was more relieved right now than anything that she wasn't second guessing everything.

"Well what'd you need to talk to me about then?" I said, my eyes meeting her icy blue ones.

"You know I'm not out right?" She spoke hastily.

I gave her a confused look as I tilted my head.

"I haven't come out to my fans or any of the media." She further explained.