Chapter 38

Josies POV

"Josie! Yo slow down!" I heard Billie calling after me as I pushed the heavy door open and was hit by the cool refreshing air outside.

I continued walking, not sure where I was going I just knew I needed to get away from everything.

"Josie!" Billie shouted once more as I felt her hand around my wrist.

I stopped as I let out a long breath before turning around to face her.

I looked at her with sad eyes, tears now uncontrollably streaming down my hot cheeks.

Billie looked at me with worry and confusion in her eyes as she wiped a few of my tears away with her thumb.

"What's wrong?" She spoke warily.

"So you're just leaving? For two months? And you didn't even tell me?" My voice cracked.

The fact that she kept this from me is what upset me the most. If I would have known I would've been able to really take in our last few days together and be mentally ready for her to go.

"What? No, baby-" She shook her head rapidly.

"You're going to come with me." She lifted my chin.

I gave her a confused look. Did she even think this through? She really thought I could just join tour last minute?

"What? No, I can't. I can't just drop everything and leave for two months. I have work Billie. I can't-" I said, flustered.

She looked at me with sad eyes as reality set in for her.

"Fuck!" She shouted as she rubbed her head.

I felt my eyes fall to the ground as I took in what this meant.

"When do you leave?" I said quietly, not really wanting her to tell me the truth.

"Tomorrow." She squeaked.

I shook my head, more tears silently spilling from my eyes, as I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

"Well we might as well enjoy tonight together then." I sighed sadly, re-meeting her eyes.

"Josie-" She said desperately.

"No, stop. I just want to enjoy the time I have with you." I said strictly, wiping all my remaining tears and regathering myself to go back to the party.

"We have to talk about this." She stopped me as I was walking back inside.

"Just give me a fucking minute!" I raised my voice, feeling more tears pooling once again.

She fell silent. I've never raised my voice at her before. I immediately felt a wave of regret go over me once I saw the upset expression on her face.

I softened as I looked at her.

"We'll talk later. I just, I need a moment," I said softy, "Let's go back to the party and enjoy our time. After all, this is your goodbye party."

I felt my heart ache as I spoke to her.

How am I supposed to not see my girlfriend for two months? This is going to be so fucking hard.