2.

I woke up the next day as usual. I turned to my right and noticed Il Han wasn't there anymore. 'Maybe he already woke up' I thought and got up.

I went to the bathroom and wash my face before going down. Surprisingly, Mom and Dad wasn't fighting anymore. Instead, they were sitting at the dinner table, along with Il Han.

"Morning" I said. Il Han looked like as if it he was at the verge of crying. But why?

"Everything's okay?" I asked. "What happened last night?"

Mom and Dad didn't want to speak. "Guys, tell me" I said. 

"Me and your Dad has decided to get a divorce" Mom started. My smile quickly fades into a frown.

"What?"

"We believe it's for the best" 

"For the best? What is for the best? Our family tearing apart and you say that its for the best?"

"Honey, calm down"

"How can you expect me to calm down?! You guys can't just give up and leave like that."

"We've been trying to get back for awhile now. It's not working."

"Well then you're not trying hard enough" I said and quickly ran upstairs. I could hear both of them sighed and Il Han sobbing downstairs.

No, this shouldn't be happening. Why?

~ a week later

"Everything's ready?" I only nodded and went inside the car. Il Han was sitting at the back seat and I was in the front beside my Mom. I glanced outside and saw Dad standing at the front door, his face were showing signs of guilty.

"We'll be fine, you guys have to trust me" Mom said. Me and Il Han didn't say anything, unable to speak. I only looked outside the window for the whole ride, still couldn't believe that my parents are already divorced.. And Dad already found a replacement for the three of us.

~ new home

"We'll be staying here now. Aren't you guys excited? Your new home!" Mom started.

"Yeah, sure." Il Han responded, not looking even the least excited.

"I know things are hard for us, but I promise we can live a better life this time. We can start anew!" Mom said, noticing our current reactions.

"Okay Mom, we'll be fine" Il Han said.

He's trying to be excited, to be fine.. For Mom. Why can't I force my heart to do the same?

We unpacked everything inside the house and made ourselves comfortable. Later that night, Mom decided to cook for us so we only had dinner at home.

"Let's eat" she said, smiling. I didn't have that much appetite to be honest, but its been awhile since I tasted her food, so why not take the chance to do so?

"You guys will start school tomorrow" she said. "Wow really?" Il Han asked, now looking a bit more excited. He was always excited to make new friends.. Unlike me.

"You seem to be rushing things" I spoke. "Yeah, the earlier the better don't you think? I would really like for you guys to move on quickly with the past. Make new friends, okay?" she said, grinning. She's happy with the choice she made for us. Too happy.

"It won't be that easy, Mom."

"I know, sweetie. But I know you can do it." She doesn't notice the disappointment in my voice.

"You'll be fine, right Il Han?" "Yeah sure"

I wonder if I'm ever ready for tomorrow..

~ next day//

I woke up and clean myself before going down for breakfast. As I was walking downstairs, I saw that breakfast had already been served on the table.

"Good morning sis" Il Han said behind me, also walking downstairs. "Morning" I said and continued walking.

"Where's Mom?" I asked. "I don't know" he said and picked up a sticky note on the table. "It says here that she went for grocery shopping" he said. "Oh okay then" I said and we ate breakfast together.

~ at school ~

Me and Il Han went to the school's office first to register our attendance for the day. "Have a great first day of school!" the kind lady said.

"Thank you!" we both said and bowed as a polite gesture for her wish. 

We walked outside the office and split up according to our classes for the day.

"See ya later" "Okay, take care" "Sheesh, I'm not a kid okay" "Yeah, so stop being like one" I replied to his childish attitude and chuckled. He chuckled too and we both started walking in different directions.

As I was walking, my phone buzzed so I took it out and checked. There was a message from a friend of mine back in high school. Well, he's practically a guy but I do hangout with girls, he's just the closest boy friend I've got.

- Hey, what're you doing?

- Hey, just on my way to class

- Oh, its your first day there, right?

- ?Yeah, I'm kinda nervous. What if they think I'm weird or something

- Psh who would think that way? Il Min, get your self -confidence up! You're the most supportive girl I've ever met. No one's not gonna like you! Plus, you're beautiful and kind so maybe that's a bonus? Hahah.

- Ahahah okay Sehun, I get it. Gosh I don't know what I would do without you, thanks lot. Gotta go now, bye

- Okay, bye!! Have fun!

I smiled at my phone and without realizing it, I was already infront of my class's door.

This is it, a life changing spot. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in, please" a voice said from inside and I twisted the doorknob.

Don't get your hopes up.

The door opened and I stepped inside.

Maybe I should take Mom's advice, maybe I really should start anew. 

Just maybe.