31.

I was walking down the path slowly. With fear of what I might remember.

I stopped walking as I stand infront of the house. My house.

Even when Mom's gone already, I still feel too guilty to even eat or laugh, considering that I caused her sorrowness.

Taking a deep breath, I took a step and entered the old house.

Looking around, of course the house were still in a mess. 'I should clean this place up', I thought. I started cleaning at the living room.

Taking a few clothes, a piece of paper fell from Mom's old clothes.

I picked it up and opened the paper.

Seeing what was its content, I quickly ran to the nearest police's office, tears already dwelling up inside my eyes. This is it, this is the proof.

~ after awhile//

I was arguing with a police officer, saying that my Mom never had a debt with him. It wasn't a money debt, it was only because the man was furious that Mom played with him.

The paper's content:

Dear Il Min - ah,

          Sometimes I hoped you read this paper and sometimes I hoped you didn't. I considered that you might need an explanation about what happened. I still loved your Dad, of course I do. He was the person that grabbed me away from him, the guy who stabbed Il Han. His name is Han Kang Il. I often told you about how I met your Dad, but I was always afraid to tell you about him.

He heard about our divorce and came back for me. He wants to take me back. He thinks that I am his. I was frightened and heartbroken when your Dad decided to divorce with me, when he agreed for it. Every day, I regret for asking for divorce with him. Because I miss him badly.

Il Min - ah, my dear daughter. I am truly sorry for everything that I did to you and Il Han. I'll come back one day, but for now I think that I should go somewhere far, to keep you guys safe. You are very precious to me, Il Min - ah and I know I failed on being a good mother. I am so sorry.

If one day, I never got the chance to see you guys again. If he found me and decided to kill me, I'll be relieved to know that he didn't found you guys.. yet. Il Min - ah, please promise me that you'll take care of yourself. Don't make the same mistakes that I did. And please take care of Il Han, he looks strong, doesn't he? But his heart is in pain and only you can help him.

Please Il Min - ah, stay happy. I love you, forever and always, my daughter.

Sincerely,                                                                                                                                                                                   your Mom

I was fighting back my tears as I explained to him about what happened.

"My Mom! She's innocent! She was about to go somewhere far away for the sake of me," I said, punching my test aggresively, "And ended up being killed herself!" 

"You have to investigate about this! The killer's name is Han Kang Il! He's huge and has a bit of muscles and stuffs and he freaking ruined my family!" I yelled, the desperation obvious in my voice.

"Miss, please calm down. We'll have to think this over" he said. I slammed hard on the table which hurt my hand but I ignored it, "MY MOM DIED UNFAIRLY BECAUSE OF THIS MAN AND YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU HAVE TO THINK IT OVER?!" I yelled at his face.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! IS THIS A FREAKING JOKE OR SOMETHING?!" I yelled again, frustrated.

Everyone's attention were focused on the commotion that I made. The police officer also got upset by what I said.

"I told you to please have patience! We have many other things to do!" he said, raising his voice a bit. I was about to open my mouth to fight back until someone spoke first.

"You dare to raise your voice"

Both of us turned towards the owner of the voice.

"And you are?" the police officer spoke.

"Yoongi" he said, stepping in closer. "Min Yoongi" he stated. The police officer's eyes widened and quickly bowed.

"I am truly sorry!" he said. "You should say that to her" Yoongi said, intertwining his fingers with mine. "She's my girlfriend"

"Ah I-I am so sorry Miss" he said, stuttering. I was still quite shocked by what I'm hearing right now.

"You shall investigate this case immediately and everything shall be reported to me," Yoongi said, coming in closer to his face. "Every, single, day" he said in a monotone voice.

He nodded politely and stuttered, "Y-Yes Mr. Min!" he said and quickly went to his laptop to start searching.

Meanwhile, Yoongi grabbed my hand again and pulled me outside.

"Why'd you do that?" he asked. "I had to prove my Mom not guilty" I explained. "By doing things like that? You could've just said it to me!" he said, now raising his own voice.

Me, being exhausted by all the fight back in there, sighed. "Do you seriously want to do this right now?" I asked, my eyes dropped to the ground. His face quickly softened. Tears rolled down my cheeks again.

"My Mom's gone and it's all my fault," I said. "How can I smile this way?" I said, now looking at him. "I feel lost, Yoongi - ah" I said, tears continue rolling down my cheeks. My silent cry turned to a low sob.

Yoongi pulled me by the hand and hugged me. "I'm sorry" he said, caressing my hair. "I'm sorry" he repeated. I continued crying on his shoulder, hugging him back. "We'll find him" he said.

"I promise"