9.

I opened the door and got inside. Il Han was sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Where were you?" he asked. "Out" I said simply. "That's it?"

"Well, what else you wanna know?" I asked. My anger from all of those Yoongi's questions weren't gone yet. "I don't know, maybe the reason why you never told me where you went" Il Han said.

I scoffed. "Excuse me. I'm old enough to go wherever I want, okay? What's your problem?" I said and put my bag on the couch. "I'm your brother!" "And I'm your sister!"

"Exactly!" he said. "What?" "I was worried. You never came home this late, without telling me." he said. "Okay, first thing is that things came up and I didn't check my phone" 

"So its not because it ran out of battery or something?" "NO" "Sis! You should've told me if you're going to come home late" "Okay, Il Han, stop! I'm tired already for all this. We'll talk tomorrow" I said and headed towards the stairs.

"Sis--" "I said tomorrow" I replied and continued walking upstairs towards my room.

Oh god, please.. I need a break of life. I groaned in frustration and just laid on bed, staring into the ceiling.

Yoongi doesn't have to know. I don't want him to know. Its for his own good.

~ next morning//

I had an awfully silent breakfast with Il Han. "Where's Mom?" I asked. "She didn't come home" "And what? You just let her be?" "I already tried calling her" "And?" "She never picked it up"

"What if she's in danger? What if something bad happens to her?" I asked. He stopped eating and stared at me. "That was the thing that's been repeating in my head last night when you were gone" 

"Il Han - ah" "You said we'll talk today, let's talk" "I'm still not in the mood" "Sis!" "Please! I don't want to lose you too" He looked at me for awhile before standing up and took his breakfast away.

"You're done already?" "I lost my appetite" "I don't care how angry you are, I'm still your sister. Your big sister" He scoffed. "Well if something happens to you, this little brother of yours will be responsible. You wanna talk about Mom? I don't even know who she is anymore! I.. I will take care of you! I will!" he said and took his bag.

"Il Han - ah!" I quickly stopped eating and ran after him. "Okay fine, I'm sorry" "Just tell me where you went last night" "I had a long hour of making new friends, on my way home my bag almost got snatched but someone helped me but he got injured instead too so I had to take care of him for a moment.. That's why" I said.

"That's the truth?" he asked. "Ugh, of course" I said. Suddenly, he pulled me in for a hug. "You're okay? You didn't get hurt?" he asked. 

"Of course I didn't. I told you, I'm not a kid" I said, now hugging him back. "... Even though our family are now a mess.. I'm still glad that we both didn't... I don't want to lose you too" he said, hugging tighter.

"Don't worry.. We'll be fine" I said. He's younger, but he's the one who often comforts me. Oh my, how can he be so caring? And taller too.. Sheesh.

~ at school//

I was walking with Il Han as we were heading to our lockers. Suddenly, a girl came up. "Good morning, Il Han!" she said, smiling. I turned to Il Han. Surprisingly, he seems to be.. blushing?

"Good morning, Song Nim." he said slowly. "My mother made some cookies this morning and I got pretty full, so I thought that I should give it to you." she said. I started to wonder if both of these love birds notices my existence right now.

I cleared my throat and Il Han quickly got back to his senses. "Uh this is my big sister, Il Min" he introduced.

I nodded and smiled at her, like a proud sister. "Ah.. So you're saying this is the annoying sister you said before?" she asked and I swore my heart just broke into pieces and I FROWNED, immediately.

"Heyy what do you mean annoying? I-I would NEVER say that" he said and started fake chuckling. I turned towards him with a stare. A sharp one.

"But I'm sure that--" "Its okay Song Nim - ah! We'll talk later okay?" Il Han said to her before taking the cookies from her hand. "Thanks for this by the way, see ya later" he said and pulled my hand while walking away.

"So.. I'm annoying, huh?" I asked. "Well, sometimes but I still love you though" "Yeah right" He looked down while smiling awkwardly. "I know you like her" I said. 

"What? No I don't" "Yeah you do, you blushed just by the sight of her" "Sis, I think you should go and see a psychiatrist." "Can't help it, I am annoying, right?" I chuckled. "YA!" he yelled. I laughed. "You're so childish"

"Il Min - ah" someone said which made both of us turned. It was Yoongi. "We need to talk" he said. I kept quiet and nodded.

~ after finding a quieter place to talk//

"What is it?" I asked. "I'm sorry" he started. "I understand if you didn't wanna talk about it. I just.. I knew you had a problem when I saw that bruise and I wanted to help. I really do. But it's okay if you don't want me to." he said.

"It's okay" I said. "Listen, I'm sorry too" I continued. "Its not big of a deal. For now, I just needed you to keep this a secret. From everyone, including your group." I said. "Okay" he said simply.

"Please, if you need anything. Tell me, I want to help" he said.

Why is he so interested in my life?  I mean, I never thought he had this caring side of him. Everyone only knows him as the mysterious and cool kid in the group.

Everyone.. But me.