Chapter 26: Reunion

Friday

Torres Corp

Something was buzzing him in his mind. The Danvers really had a talent in occupying his mind. He was thinking about what Ileana told him about her father at the restaurant. This was messing with him. This case felt more familiar than ever. The more he thought about it, the more he wanted to get to the bottom of it. 

He buzzed his intercom and ordered, "Hannah, clear my schedule for the next three hours and get the car ready. I need to head to Wellbeing hospital." 

She responded immediately, "Sure, sir. Anything else?" 

"Yes. Confirm whether the 3.0 Nano laser machine was well received by the hospital. Call the director. Also, get some details from Dr Oliver Fitzgerald about the status of the infected patient and his chances of survival." 

She took a moment to jot down rapidly what he asked her. "Noted. That's all?" 

"Hmm, I give you two names. Nora and Clifford Danvers. Get a basic search done on these people."

Hannah paused, a little curious but it wasn't the first time he was asking something like this. "Alrighty..." 

"And that's it. Thanks." He'd make sure he'd get what he wanted from Sierra. He couldn't afford to lose the company after so much effort.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

She hummed a song as she waited for the light to turn green. This couldn't be a more joyous day. She felt as if a weight had lifted from her shoulders. She had gone to settle the full amount at the hospital and the preparation for the surgery had started right away. 

Veronica was surprised but she offered no explanation to her. She had to keep things easy and simple. 

She drove in the school vicinity. She missed at least three classes today but she already informed the school administrator, so this wasn't going to be a problem. She walked in right during break time it seemed. 

She made her way to the staff-room and amusingly, she found Ileana standing before Nelly and Charlotte reciting something. Nelly seemed to be half sleeping while Charlotte was super-excited. 

Sierra greeted as she walked by them, "Hey girls."

They chorused, frozen on the spot as they heard her, "Hi!" 

Ileana suddenly clutched her paper and ran to catch up with her, her friends quickly jumped and followed her, wondering what crazy took on her.

"Sierra! Wait, are you okay? Where were you? You didn't come to class! I thought you left early..." 

"Hmm, had a few important things to take care of." 

She didn't like it when her aunt was evasive but she seemed jovial as well. She caught her hand, "What important things?" 

Sierra paused for a moment, "Let's talk later, alright?"

Ileana tightened her grip, wanting to tell her something and when she actually turned to her, a slight worry appearing in her eyes, she shook her head and released her with a smile, "Okay, later." 

"Is... something bothering you, sweetheart?" 

She was embarrassed for making her anxious, "No! Nah... Don't worry about it! I...I'll see you!" Sierra briefly looked at the girls and just shrugged the matter off as she walked away. 

Ileana sighed heavily. This was not the place to talk about personal things. Charlotte's eyes twinkled with stars as she grabbed Ileana's arm and shook her, "Omg, omg! Our Maths teach' called you sweetheart!"