Chapter 47: Done talking

Ileana held her breath, raised her hand and knocked twice on his door. Why was she even afraid? Was that because he never replied to her text? She was certain that he must be blaming her for what happened.

She waited. It was awfully quiet inside. She fidgeted with her hands, knocked again and finally opened it herself, frustrated that he wasn't responding. "Jace!" 

Jace was sitting before his computer, wearing headphones. He leaned back as he sensed the motion and frowned a little when he saw her. He stood, lowered the wireless headphone, resting it around his neck and folded his arms firmly as he came face to her. 

He looked so annoyed and she stammered, "Are you okay?" She gazed at the bandage enveloping his arm, her eyes traveled up to rest on the stitches on his chest and she shuddered. She suddenly flung her arms around him, holding him tightly, burying her head against his chest, "I'm so sorry! It's all my fault!" 

He was surprised by the intensity of her words. She gripped him so hard he felt the pain throbbing on his shoulder. When he let out a low groan, she realised what she was doing and was about to release him when he tugged her even closer, breathing into her, "No don't." 

She deliciously smelt of cinnamon and pastries. She closed her eyes, relishing into his warmth, "I don't know what I'd do without you. You saved me! If you weren't there—" 

"Then someone else would have caught you, Ileana." 

She shivered, "No...no, I don't think so." 

He felt her tears falling on his chest. She must have been scared. "Don't cry, my princess." 

She gently pressed her hand over his wound and whispered, "I...I won't bother you ever again." 

"What?" 

She disentangled herself from him and stepped back, "It's best you stop caring for me...then you won't hurt yourself like that!" She grabbed her backpack and rushed out so fast that he was taken aback. 

He dashed out of his room, after her. She held the banister, running down the stairs and he swiftly leaned forward, catching her hand in time, "Hell Ileana, don't go!" He pulled her to him in a single tug and she gasped, almost tumbling but he held her firmly, pressing her against the banister with his strong body. 

He held her face as she looked up as him, confused to see him closing the distance, "I effing love to take care of you. You're my responsibility." 

His mouth was on hers the next second, hard and fast. She was aghast. He pressed harder, suffocating her sweet gasp, closing the frustrating space. He gently bit her lower lips and she shuddered, gripping his arms, closing her eyes, her mouth parting despite knowing how wrong this was. She couldn't help it. She wanted to feel him. 

He groaned as he got a taste of her. She was so exquisite, so inexperienced. His fingers dived in her hair and he angled his head, deepening the kiss, increasing his pace, forcing her to keep up as he became rough. 

She pressed her hand onto his chest, pulling herself away but he moved with her, indulging into her sweetness, never breaking the contact. He was too fast. She was finding it hard to breathe. 

When his tongue touched hers, she jerked back, surprised and flustered. She blushed hard, panting heavily as his hot breath caressed her face. She pressed the back of her hand against her trembling lips, looking up at him, more baffled than ever. 

He stepped back, giving her some space as he read her mind. She instantly ran down the stairs, escaping from him. He plumped down right there on the carpeted stairs, running his hand in his hair as he smiled to himself, amused at how cute she was when she was embarrassed.