Chapter 54: Paralysed

He looked at her with a very serious face, "We're sleeping together." 

"Hahaha, no." 

He held the gun his father handed him and observed it, "I won't take any risk." 

She felt her face flush, "Hey put that down. It might accidentally go off...and no one knows we're here except your dad, my parents and Sierra. We're safe." 

She lingered on the last word and he asked, putting the gun on a low table, "Do you feel safe with me?" 

She held her breath as he walked to the curtains and drew them. She looked at her plush, not answering him. How could she ever feel safe with someone like him? And yet, here she was...with him despite everything. 

Jace grumbled, turning off the main light, "Do you, princess?" He switched on the small lamp and suddenly, he was very close, sitting on the bedside, staring right into her eyes. 

She felt lost, "What happens if I say no?" 

A slow smirk appeared on his face as he brushed his knuckles against her cheek, "Then I'll make it a yes." 

"And what if I say yes?" 

His eyes softened, "Then I know you'd be lying." 

She shook her head, grimacing, "Ugh, in all cases, I'd rather be with you than alone right now." 

"Is it?" He trailed his fingers deviously on her arm and she swatted his hand away, "Hands off. Look what I found!" 

She reached over, grabbed her phone and showed him some webpages she googled. He smiled to himself, finding it funny that he could get this sort of reaction out of her. 

He climbed on the bed, squinting his eyes at the brightness and she said, "I googled Sierra Danvers and obviously got nothing much than some profiles of other people. Then I typed in Sierra and Duchess and look what popped up!" 

He held the phone from her hand, staring at the screen, "Wow. Sierra Salvador, Duchess of Isle del Salvadora. How do we know it's even her?" 

She held his shoulder to look at her phone and swiped her finger rapidly across the screen, "See that official royal family pic? Looks like our Sierra, right?" 

"Damn, she's like a goddess! She looks so different!" He was amazed. At first glance, he'd never have believed that it was actually his teacher. All decked up in jewelleries and an elegant dress. 

Ileana exclaimed, "I know right? Can't believe she hid this from me for almost a year!" She let herself fall on the mattress and told him as he swiped through her phone, "You know, when I started living with Sierra, she used to be really weird, always apologising before talking to me, always using her utensils when eating and she always dressed so modestly. God, she was so evasive. Do you even imagine the hard time I had?" 

He hid a smile, amused at what he was seeing in her phone, "Uh-huh." 

She sighed, placing her arm over her head, "I had a hard time convincing her that jeans were okay to wear, that it was fine to eat with hands and that she didn't have to be that polite when talking to me or others. I had no idea she was a...royal! A duchess! No wonder she's always so proper! It all makes sense now." 

Jace suddenly laughed and she eyed him, "Why are you even...Hey!" He was still going through her things! She swiftly reached for her phone but he teasingly pulled away. He read aloud what else she had been searching, "How to kiss for dummies? How to kiss with tongue? Is kissing with the tongue normal?" 

She blushed hard, shaking him angrily as she straddled him, "Stop it! You're not supposed to! I hate you so much!" She inclined on him, seizing her phone and she lost the strength in her arm and plopped down directly onto him.