Chapter V

Augustine's POV

I can't believe he obeyed me, but I'm glad he did. "Now look at me Maxi." I thought of calling him 'Maxi' when I first heard his name. He looked at me, his eyes locked on mine.

"You are not straight. Listen dear, I know you say you're straight and you believe that you are, but I know you're not." I said. "But Augustine... I just don't know what sexuality I am, I like guys, girls and whatever you want to call yourself... What is that called?" He asked.

"You're pansexual." I stated. He nodded and nuzzled my leg. "Climb on my back and I'll take you home okay cutie?" I asked laying down so he could climb on my back.

He climbed on my back with a gentle purr. I stood up and carried him back to his house. When I got there I got him off my back by picking him up by his neck and I placed him on the ground. I turned to my human form and picked him back up.

I opened the door and walked in. I carried him to his room and laid him down in his bed. I gently kissed his head and smiled softly. "Good night dear. Sweet dreams." I whispered in his ear. His tail wagged a bit.

I left his house and I saw a girl look at me with a smile. "So you're Augustine?" She asked. I nodded. "How do you know my name?" I asked. "Nasir told me about you. Thanks for saving his life." She said.

"What's your name?" I asked. "Leilani, but call me Lei. And don't worry I'm not into boys like that." She stated. "Oh okay." I said. "So can I ask you something?" She asked. "Yeah."

"Will you protect him? See he's a prince and me and him have known each other since we were babies. Our original home was destroyed by Saintos and we, as far as we know, we're the only ones that survived." She said. "I will protect him with my life." I said.

"Good. I gotta go to my girlfriend right now. Bye!" She said waving bye and walking off. I felt someone hug me from behind. "Nasir is that you?" I said smiling softly. "Yes." Nasir said smiling.

"Did you have a good rest?" I asked. "No I had a bad dream." He said softly.