Chapter XVII

Nasir's pov

~weeks later after Augustine was kidnapped~

We've been so worried about Augustine. He just disappeared one night and we haven't seen him since. It's really worried me the most since I'm his boyfriend. We've gotten at least a quarter of the way to the capital, stopping at every village to get supplies and to rest up as well as on the way we take breaks. I sighed, thinking as we traveled.

'Where is he?' I thought. Something doesn't feel right about any of this, but I'm doing this whole trip for Lei. As we stopped in each town we came too I asked around for Augustine and no one said they saw him. I miss him really badly.

Augustine's pov

I woke up inside of a cell and a woman in the one across from me. "Hi?" I said to her. "Hi." She replied. "Do you know where we are?" I asked.

"No, not really, but I know we're in a cell room obviously." She said. I nodded. "What's your name?" "Lucinda." She said. "I've heard that name, wasn't your girlfriend's name Leilani?" I asked.

Her eyes widen and she nodded. "You know her?" She asked. "Yes, I'm dating Nasir, her best friend." I said. "Alright seems like you two are getting a long." A man said.

"Where are you and why are we here?!" I yelled. "That's for me to know, and I can't say because we are being watched." He said. "By who? There's no one here." I said.

"Them." He said looking to the sky. I just guessed he was looking at the sky I didn't really know. "Where's Nasir?" I asked. "He's safe, I don't have him here. Why would I? It's to early in the story for that." He said then disappeared.