Chapter XIV

Leilani's pov

~back when her and Nasir were kids in the home village of Kadalah~

I wondered the town with Nasir and his family since I didn't really have a family. My parents both died when I was 3 and I met Nasir when I was 4. Nasir's family let's me live there and treat me like I'm their daughter. I looked at the well that we had in the middle of the village thinking. "You okay Lei?" Serena asked.

That's Nasir's mom's name. "Mhm, just thinking." I said. I'm 8 years old and Nasir is the same. She nodded to me and we continued our walk. This town is a special town, everyone here has a gift as you could say.

It's so amazing here. I don't think anything bad could ever happen here.  We went home after a few hours later and me and Nasir went to our room. Yes we share a room. I laid in my bed and I decided to take a nap.

~present day~

Looking back on when me and Nasir were kids makes me cry sometimes. I miss those times. They were simpler. I heard a knock on my door and I went to see who it was. I opened the door and there was a letter on the ground. I picked it up.

"I didn't remember ordering anything or writing a letter to anyone." I said to myself. I went back inside and opened the letter. I read it.

"Dear Leilani,

Me and my associates would like to see you and your friend Nasir back in the Halimorria region. We would be pleased to have you. I know you're probably wondering what my name is, but that is saved for when we meet.

Sincerely Unknown"

That's my home region... That's all the way across the world.. We'll need a boat and it would take us years to get there... I need to give Nasir this.

---------------------------------------------------------
My mom helped me with thinking of a name for the town they grew up in.