Chapter XX

Leilani's POV

~half of the way to the capital~

Nasir's been acting weird lately. He's been really on edge and it worries me. "Hey Nasir are you okay?" I asked him when we were in our inn room. "Yeah, I'm okay, just been thinking about something. A dream I had months ago." He replied.

"Want to tell me about it?" I asked. "Yeah.." He said softly, then he told me about the dream. "Hmm, I see.." I said softly.

"Someone is trying to get us. I don't know why or for what." He said. I nodded softly. "Let's try not to think about it. I'm sure we're going to be okay. And we'll find Augustine!" I said smiling.

He smiled a bit. "Thanks for the bit of hope." He said. "You really think that's going to give him hope?" I heard her say. 'Yes I really think so now leave me alone.' I cursed at her.

"That hope won't last long. And you know that. Such a stubborn girl you are." She said. I growled internally but ignored her.

~later that night~

Nasir's POV

~dream~

"I told you that those powers were not given to you." The figure said. "I know but I don't think of them as a gift." I said. "Then don't just accept them." He said. I figured out that it was a man.

Hope...

That's what's keeping me going. "Hope is keeping you going? That's good. I'm sure your mother would be proud of you growing so much..." He said. "How do you know who my mom is?" I asked.

"I can't say. It would spoil the story for them." He said. I sighed and nodded. "Who is this them you speak of?" I asked. "We're being watched, but you don't noticed who they are." He said.

Then I woke up.