Chapter XVIII

Augustine's POV

~a year later~

I've been shown that Nasir was okay and even told, but I don't fully believe the people that have in prisoned me. I want to see him, I really do. They're not even a quarter of the way there to the capital. Please Nasir be okay. I don't want anything to happen to my Maximiliano.

????'s

'He's going to know who he truly is soon.' I thought. That werewolf can't use his powers here much like the witch. Both are powerless inside this place.

I heard a ring come from the portal to the Garden of Hope. I answered the call and saw that it was my deceased wife. "Darling, it's been some time." I said in a soft voice. "It has. How far are they?" She asked.

"Not even a quarter of the way. About 1/16th of the way." I said. She nodded softly. Even if she's a spirit now, she's still as beautiful as the day I met her. "Are you going to bring him there once you can?" She asked.

"Yes I am, and I'm going to explain to him everything." I said. I gently put my hand up to the portal. I can't pass through because of what I am. She put her hand against mine on the other side of the portal. She can't pass through either.

"I miss you, so very much.." I said softly, a small tear coming from my eye. "I miss you too, very very much." She said. Then I heard some of my guards knock on my door. "I have to go my love." I said.

"Okay, I'll see you later. I'll be waiting for you." She said smiling. I nodded smiling and ended the call. "Come in!" I said to the guards. They walked in looking at me.