Chapter XXVI

Messiah's POV

~meanwhile while Nasir and Lei are asleep~

I told him I'd be by his side this whole trip. I'm just a spirit sent by someone to protect Nasir. They don't know this at all and that's okay. I won't be on the ship with them. My job is done then.

Later on after they woke up we headed to the next city and had our lunch there. People were wondering why Nasir had gloves on even though it was the middle of summer. But we can't tell them why. To be honest we don't even know why his hands glow when near water. Even if I'm a spirit, I haven't seen anything like what's going on with his hands.

Someday I'll see you again.., son..

Lei's POV

I sighed softly as we ate lunch. "You okay Lei?" Nasir asked. I nodded. "Just worried that's all." "About me or what?" Nasir asked. "Yes you. You're my brother, I'll always worry about you. You're all I have left of a family." I said softly.

Nasir hugged me softly. "I know I worry about you for the same reason." He said. I hugged him back. "Let's just go back to eating then we can continue our trip." I said. He nodded.

~later~

We stayed the night in an inn since we didn't want to sleep in the forest again. It was the middle of the night and I was up cause I woke up randomly when I saw Messiah walk ourside the room. I followed him quietly and saw him go to the park near by. "It's almost time for my job to be done." He said.

I watched him turn into a ball of light, then I saw a ghost standing where he stood. Is he really a spirit. When he looked at me, I saw he was missing his eyes. His cause of death must have been his eyes being cut out. Poor guy.. I went back to the inn room we were staying in and sighed. "I'll forget about what I saw to protect his secret." I said softly as I went to bed shortly aftermaking myself forget it.