Chapter XIX

Nasir's POV

~a quarter from the capital~

We've finally made it a quarter of the way to capital. This region is so big it's not even funny. "Nasir are you okay?" Lei asked me. "Yes just worried." I said. "Still worried about Augustine?" She asked.

I nodded. "I'm sure he's okay." Messiah said. "I hope he is." I said softly. Then I heard a voice. "Your lover is just fine, I promise you that kid." The voice said.

I don't trust that voice, but it sounds like someone I know.. I can't put my finger on it. It sounded like my dad in a way. It was kinda creepy. Like it was smooth like my dad's but it was also raspy.

~later that night in Nasir's dream~

I woke up in a strange room with a tv in it. I looked around the room to see if there was a way out of it. There wasn't a way out of the room. So I decided to turn on the TV. I saw what happened that day when my hometown was destroyed.

"Run my children! Run!" My mom yelled when she told me and Lei to run. Then I saw a door appear on the left side of the wall. A figure walked in thought the door, then the door disappeared.

I started backing away from the figure. "Child I'm not here to hurt you." The figure said. "How am I supposed to trust you?!" I said to it.

The figure came closer. "Trust me, if I wanted to hurt you I would have killed you when you were born. Now I have to leave this here. Can't let them know what's going on." It said. Then I woke up.

~end of the dream~

I woke up in a freight. I panted softly as I looked up and saw that it was sunrise. I sighed softly. "It was just a dream... I hope..."