Chapter XXIX

Nasir's pov

~2 towns away from the capital~

I can't believe it on how close we are to the capital. 'We'll find out soon enough why my hands glow at random times. I hope.' I thought. I looked at Lei who seemed spaced out.

Lei's pov

I saw Nasir looking at me for a second. "Why are you looking at me?" I asked. "You're hiding something.. What's wrong Lei?" He asked. "I don't know how to explain it, but I think there's someone or something else inside my body." I said.

"Like a split personality?" He asked. I shook my head. "No, like something else." I said. "Let me explain to him who I am Leilani. Please." I heard her say. 'Fine, just don't scare him.' I said to her.

"Girl he'll understand. I know that." She said. I sighed and let her take control.

Nasir's pov

I saw Lei's eyes change to a light violet color with a pink hue to them, and her hair turned red. "This feels nice.." I heard her say, only the voice I heard was a bit deeper and sound a bit raspy. "Who are you? You're not Lei." I asked her.

"I am not Lei, you're correct there. I'm actually her inner dark side, or her inner Saintoes." The girl said. "But what's your name?" I asked her. "My name is Evangeline Sloane, but you can call me Emmy." She said.

"Oh okay. Emmy it is. Lei never told me about you, why?" I asked her. "I do not fully know why she didn't want to tell you about me, but I know it's because she was trying to protect you." She said.

I nodded. "Noted. But why are you out now?" I asked. "To talk to you about who I am." She said. "Oh okay." I said shortly after.