Chapter 3- Secret Practice and New Friends

It was the next morning, hours before school starts. Tanaka's behavior yesterday seemed suspicious and I had a feeling that it involved Shoyo and Kageyama. My thoughts were most likely correct when I stopped by Shoyo's house and saw that his bike wasn't there, indicating that he left. I had a feeling that he went to the school, so I head my way there to see what was going on. 

As soon as I reached the school's entrance, I heard a voice call out to me. "(L/N)?"

I turned around to see Sugawara. "Sugawara? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing, but I have a feeling that it's for the same reason as me."

I gave a nod. "Tanaka was acting weird and I thought it involved Shoyo and Kageyama. Shoyo's bike wasn't at his house so I assumed that he came here."

He gave a laugh. "Tanaka can be predictable at times. So you and Hinata are friends? How long was your friendship?" We both head to the gym as we conversed.

"We've been friends pretty much since we were born."

His eyes grew wide. "That long? Were your guys' parents friends?"

"That's right! Our families were neighbors and our mothers were friends."

"Oh wow, so you two have known each other your whole lives. Did one of you influence the other into liking volleyball?"

"Mhm. I started to like it when I saw him play for the first time, but I prefer watching over playing."

"Wait, so that time we saw you at the tournament last year... Was that when you first started liking it?" He asked me.

I gave a big smile. "Yep! He looked like he was flying when he did a spike. I couldn't take my eyes off of him." I went a little ahead of Sugawara and started walking backwards as I continued speaking. "I was hoping to become manager so that I could support and help him in whatever way I can. Of course I want to help the rest of the team too hehe." I turned back around and went to walk side by side with him. 

"You're a good friend to him."

I tilted my head. "We're in the same club, so aren't we sort of friends as well?"

He looked at me in awe before giving me a gentle smile. "I guess you're right."

We continued talking with each other as we made our way to the gym. When we got there, we heard Tanaka talking. Sugawara opened the door and the three people that were inside looked our way, surprise evident on their faces. "Morning practice, huh? I knew it." He said as we both stepped inside.

Tanaka was the first to speak. "Suga-san. (L/N)."

We greeted them. "Hey."

"But why..."

"Because you were obviously weird yesterday."

"Yeah you were acting pretty suspicious." I said before walking up to Shoyo while the two upperclassmen spoke to each other. 

Shoyo was surprised to see Sugawara, but even more so with me. He wasn't expecting me to be here. "(Y/N), what are you doing here?" 

"I figured that whatever Tanaka was up to, you had something to do with it. Besides, I promised that I'd help you in any way I can right? So here I am! I'm here for you as both your friend and manager."

"M-manager?! Really?!" He looked at me in excitement. When I nodded my head yes, he pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "YES! We're in the same club!"

"Hey, you should probably let go of her." We looked towards Kageyama who suddenly spoke up.

Shoyo kept hugging me, but spoke back towards him angrily. "Why should I? She's my friend, I can hug her whenever I want."