End 2: Kageyama: Looking Forward to Tomorrow

I didn't have an idea of what to write for this end so that's why it took a long time. But once I finally did have one I had fun writing it! Hope you enjoy!

I lay there in my bed wide awake. Talking about my feelings for Kageyama with Angelina has got me thinking about him.

I turned on my bed to reach for my phone, which was sitting on my nightstand. I'm sharing my bed with one of the girls, so I made sure to have the brightness on my phone down low.

I don't know why, but for some reason my thoughts have given me the urge to text him. But wouldn't it be too late in the night to text him? I suppose it's not too late, but still late enough for most people to be asleep.

I sighed and was about to turn my phone back off when I suddenly got a message from the very boy I was gonna text.

Kageyama: hey

Kageyama: you up?

I was a little confused. I mean, sure I was the one who was about to send him a message, but what is he doing up? I was especially wondering what he needed from me. I sent him a reply.

(Y/N): yeah

(Y/N): what are you doing up?

(Y/N): I wouldn't expect you to be up at this time.

Kageyama: I could say the same to you.

I thought to myself for a second before quietly stepping out of bed and making my way out of my room to stand in the hallway. Instead of texting him back, I decided to call him. Even though he was for sure on his phone, since we were just texting, he didn't pick up right away. When he did, I heard some fumbling around on the other end before I heard a startled and slightly nervous voice.

"H-hello?!"

I couldn't hold back a giggle. "Heh. No need to shout, I can hear you loud and clear.

"Oh..."

"Did I catch you by surprise from the sudden call?"

"N-no! Shut up!"

I laughed again. "Sorry sorry. I wanted to talk to you."

"We were already talking through text. Why did you want to call?"

"Booooooo... Is it so wrong for me to want to talk to one of my buddies?"

"Buddies..." I was a little surprised. It almost sounded like he was upset.

In a teasing voice, I spoke. "Kageyama, are you disappointed?"

I immediately had gotten a flustered reaction from him. "Disappointed? Why would I be? After all its as you said, we're fir- fren- f-friends..." 

I laughed again. "You don't sound too sure of yourself."

"Ugh..." I could practically hear the embarrassment on the other end.

"Oh you~ You are acting so cute right now~." I continued teasing him.

"I don't want to be called cute." He protested.

"Well, cute or not, I love you anyway." I said suddenly, before realizing what I just said.

"What?"

"..."

"..."

*BEEP*

With one press of a button, I hung up with a straight face.  I stretched before making my way back to my room. "Well, that was a nice chat. Time for bed." Or at least that was the plan until I got a call. So I picked it up and slowly brought the phone to my ear. "Hi, you've reached the phone of (L/N) (Y/N). She can't come to the phone right now so please leave a message after the beep. Beeeeeeeeeeep..."

"What did you mean?!"

I sigh. "Darn it didn't work."

"(Y/N) please!" He sounded desperate for an answer and... hopeful?

I scratched the back of my head. "I uh... I meant what I said."

He was silent for a while, and when he did speak, I almost didn't hear him. "You love me?"

I rolled my eyes. "No I didn't mean it when I said that I meant it when I said that I love you."

"..."

"..."

"Huh? What?" Was all I heard, and I smacked my head against a nearby wall. "Are you okay?"

"I'm... fine." I sighed loudly in exasperation. "Jeez you idiot... I love you okay!"

"You do?!"  I was right. The stupidity that was stuck to his forehead is permanently stuck there. No amount of flicks to the forehead can flick it off. "I-I..." Oh? He's continuing? "I-I l-love y-you t-too..." Whoa! Look at all that stuttering. I say look because your reading this *wink*.

A smile crept onto my face before I spoke in determination. "Then that settles it! From this day forward, your my boyfriend!"

"EH?!"

"Well... Are we just going to not do that when we both have feelings for each other?" I asked.

"W-well, I suppose you have a point."

"Soooooo?"

"................. Do you... want to go out on a date... s-some time?" You know, for someone who is so confident when it comes to volleyball, he sure can act nervous in situations like this. It's cute.

I laughed before responding with a smile. "I would love to! Hey, can we meet up tomorrow? I want to see you. After the girls go home."

"Th-that sounds good to me." I bet he's blushing hard right now. If only I could see for myself. At least I'll get the opportunity tomorrow.

"I would love to continue chatting with you... buuuuut I should really get to bed right now, and you should too."

"Oh." 

"Disappointed again?"

"No!"

I laugh. "Relax, we'll see each other tomorrow."

"Yeah."

"Goodnight! *smooch*" I give him a kiss through the phone.

"What was that?!"

"A kiss goodnight. But don't worry you'll get a real kiss tomorrow. Look forward to it!"

At night was the start of something new, but it doesn't officially start yet until we see each other the next day. So I'll look forward to tomorrow.

UP NEXT...

Ushijima

I know this isn't an anime or vine, but this scene perfectly helps summarize the confession.