Chapter 21- Memory #3

I went to pick up the paper that was now on the floor. The paper was a picture that was hand drawn by a child, but I wasn't the one that drew it. When I was a kid, I met a boy that was slightly older then me. I wouldn't call us friends since we've only hung out a few times, but it was fun. We would draw pictures together and this was one of them.

We would always end up seeing each other coincidently, and when we did, we would play together. It stopped after a while though... At some point, I stopped seeing him around. It was a shame, I would've loved to be friends with him.

I'm getting deja vu over here. I sighed. "Bored..." Another day without Shoyo is another boring day. Seriously, I need to make more friends.

Apparently, my mom was also aware of that and she urged me off the bench that I was sitting on with her. "Why don't you try to make friends with one of the kids on the playground (Y/N)."

I shrugged my shoulders and quietly made my way to where the other kids were. I didn't know who to talk with. I don't think it's that I'm shy or nervous to talk with them, I guess it's just that I don't know what to say or how to make friends with other kids. I was so used to having only Shoyo, that I didn't know how. The only other kid around my age that I played with was that city boy, but he was gone now.

I looked around for a bit and saw that there was a boy that was away from the rest of the kids. He was all by himself on a picnic table. He had papers in front of him and he was surrounded by what looks like colored pencils. After making up my mind I decided to approach him. 

"Hi." I greeted him.

He immediately turned to look at me, and he looked like he wasn't expecting anyone to come up to him. His face turned straight faced but it also held a bit of curiousness. "Hi?"

"Watcha doing?" I asked.

He looked in thought for a small while. "I'm just drawing."

"Oh?" I went to sit next to him. He continued to look at me curiously. I guess he assumed that I would've left after asking. "What are you drawing?"

 He showed me the picture he was working on. It looked like a ball with eyes, arms, and legs. I notice that it was also on his shirt as well. He went back to drawing in silence, that was until I pointed out. "You can draw with your left hand?" He paused for a second before slowly nodding his head. I smiled. "How do you do that?"

He looked confused. "I just... can?" He didn't expect that kind of response. He was used to his mother and those on his mother's side of the family wanting him to stop using his left hand and have it fixed.

"That's cool. Not a lot of people can do that." He just nods his head. I decided to talk about something else. "Why aren't you playing with the others?"

He turned back to his drawing. "I just wanted to draw..."

I then thought that maybe he might have wanted to also be alone. So I asked him. "Do you want me to leave?"

He looked back to me, then at the papers and pencils around him. He then grabbed a piece of paper and placed it in front of me. "You can stay." He said before going straight back to drawing.

I looked at him silently for a while before smiling. I guess he's just not much of a talker. I continued drawing pictures with him. I managed to get him to talk a bit more with me. It was actually really fun.

After a while, I heard my mom calling out to me. "(Y/N), It's time to go home!"

I made a sound of disappointment and turned to the boy. "I have to go."

"Oh..." he said quietly. It could have just been my imagination, but he almost seemed a bit down at that. 

I grabbed one of the pictures I drew and gave it to him. "Here! You can have this. Maybe we'll see each other again?"

"He looked at the drawing that I gave him and back at me. A very slight small grew on his face and he nodded his head. "Yeah."

"Oh!" I was about to head over to mom before I realized something. "My name is (L/N) (Y/N). What's yours?"

"It's..............................................."

I hanged the picture back on my wall. I lightly touched it and sighed. "It is a shame..."