𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

A week had passed now and the two new mates were enjoying themselves together. Taehyung noticing his sudden change in behaviour once mated with Jungkook. Being more needy and whiny if that was possible. Before he was pretty okay with being separated with Jungkook but now? He was practically glued to Jungkook. Wasn't annoying but Jungkook sure did get one hell of a laugh teasing Taehyung about it.

"Fine! You know what? Hm? I'm gonna spend a night without you. I did it for almost twenty five years of my life so I can do it again." Taehyung plopped onto the couch after walking in with Jungkook who just picked up Taehyung from Jimin's. Only because Taehyung didn't feel safe walking alone. Which was understandable. "You're gonna sleep without me for twenty four years?" Jungkook teased, again.

Taehyung's mouth gaped before he tossed a pillow at Jungkook who caught it. "You know what I mean, Jeon." The boy scoffed, looking away from Jungkook who hummed. "Jeon?" He asked, walking over to Taehyung who made a 'stop' movement with his hand without looking at Jungkook who scoffed. "Alright, Kim." Jungkook sat on the other couch.

The two sat in silence. Jungkook finding it more amusing than Taehyung did. Side eyeing Jungkook, Taehyung huffed out and turned until he was sitting on the couch— backwards? "Oh come on Tae." Jungkook laughed, getting up to tackle the boy in hugs and kisses. "Ew, cooties." Taehyung faked a gag but that was replaced with giggles from all the kisses given to Taehyung.

"Let me give you cooties all night long." Jungkook managed to say between kisses. The mate thing surely was amazing. Anytime Jungkook was around, Taehyung felt safe. Along with Jungkook of course. Knowing they could communicate with each other no matter how far they were— well, pack grounds range at least. Knowing that Jungkook was his and Taehyung was Jungkook's.

Now laying in their shared bed, Jungkook cuddled up next to Taehyung who played with Jungkook's hair. Who said alpha's were the big bad wolfs huh? Well— Jungkook surely was outside the cabin but within the cabin he was just as needy as Taehyung really. "So, how have you been feeling? Without the chip?" Jungkook raised his head which caused Taehyung to stop playing with the males hair.

The boy cleared his throat and shrugged. "Well.. it's scary knowing anyone could literally swoop me up and do this and that to me." Taehyung admitted while adjusting himself. "But.. knowing you and almost everyone else here is doing everything to prevent that.. makes me feel more than safe." Taehyung sunk his teeth into his bottom lip.

Jungkook sighed, rubbing at the boys waist. It was silent before Jungkook sucked in a breath. "If you could put the chip back in.. would you? Give me your honest answer too. I would understand completely." Jungkook spoke softly and calmly to Taehyung who nibbled at his lip more. It took a while but he shrugged.

"One side of me would not because being mated to you is.. wow. I love being mated to you and just.. being yours forever is everything but the other half of me would because not do I only put myself in danger. I put you, Jimin, Hoseok, Kaison, Wonho and everyone around me in danger. It's just.. something I don't think i'll ever decide on really."

Jungkook agreed on both terms before he sat up. This caused Taehyung to sit up too. Usually when this happened— they were in a serious talk. With a small smile of the thought, Taehyung looked at Jungkook who sighed. "What if there was a way.. that I can mate you but with the chip, or pills even." Jungkook asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Ah— I was ahead of you there. Firstly, I apologize for not telling you I talked to Korain about this— and secondly... I can't." Taehyung looked down at his hands before carrying on. "The chip was put there for a reason. To keep me unmated. Even though we are mated.. the chip can make that mark disappear. So say.. we put the chip back in after we mated, it would only disappear. No harm would be caused but for the erasing."

"As for the pills.. well Jungkook, we both forgot that that pills are made for me to lose all interactions with myself. With who I truly am. If I got back on the pills.. that would only make your mark a.. bite or a scar. It wouldn't connect us in anyway because well.. I wouldn't be true to who I am. Maybe you would feel it but.. I wouldn't." Taehyung's voice got softer each passing sentence.

A frustrated sigh came from Jungkook who poked his tongue at the inner side of his cheek, his finger tips tapping at his thigh. They shared silence, Jungkook trying to come up with anything else but resulted in another sigh. "I don't want you to be scared though. To worry about everyone around you. I don't want you to worry about your safety. But I also want you to be able to feel yourself be mated to me. To be just as in love as I am."

The conflict against Jungkook and his thoughts came out. Everything that he was thinking. "I wanted nothing but to mate you. Make you mine, officially and.. I knew when you told me about the chip I should have stopped you from doing so but.. I just wanted you Taehyung. Kisu—" Jungkook rubbed at his face before groaning. "Kisu got to me. He wanted you just as much as I wanted you. Kisu scented you once and.. I wanted to be the only one to do that so I was.. I was selfish."

Taehyung felt his heart ache from the words before he shook his head vigorously. "No no no Jungkook. You were not selfish. I wanted this just as much and I knew what I was getting into when I decided to take this chip out. This decision was on me and.. as much as it scares me for what my future holds.. i'm with you. No matter what, i'm always going to be with you." Taehyung caressed Jungkook's cheek.

Even with the words, Jungkook was disappointed with himself. For someone who was suppose to protect his mate— he sure as hell was failing so far. Or so that's what the thoughts were telling him. "Stop that.. don't think that way." Taehyung placed his forehead against Jungkook's. The boy managed to smile while firmly holding Taehyung's waist. "I didn't decide to share those thoughts with you, you know?" Jungkook scoffed lightly at Taehyung.

The boy grinned. "You're my mate. I can decide to listen in on your thoughts if I want." Taehyung hummed lightly, bringing Jungkook down to cuddle with him. "Just.. Just tell me.. is this the right thing?" Jungkook asked, resting his head on Taehyung's chest. Even throughout the talk, Taehyung didn't know what to say. "That's what I thought." Jungkook sighed but nonetheless, he held tightly onto Taehyung. Like it was the last time he would ever hold his lover.

The next day, Taehyung was out helping with the pups and schooling. It was more for well— him as he was still learning about all the history and all. Though he definitely did enjoy being around the very hyperactive pups. Very different from the regular human kids at school. It took a lot to get them to settle down.

By the time the pups had their break, Taehyung was being pulled aside by one of the teachers who said Seokjin was waiting for Taehyung. Almost fuming, Taehyung wasted not much time to go see the older male who wanted to see him.