Stuff Is About To Hit The Proverbial Fan

A/N: Loves! The next chapter is the last chapter of Book One! I think Book Two will still continue in this book, so keep an eye out for that (I do think I'll probably just do what I did for Fight, Love, Live and have a bunch of parts in one book so it's not like eight different books for one story). But anyway, enjoy this chapter!

 But anyway, enjoy this chapter!

December 12, 2008

Senoia, Georgia

The Greene Farm

It was silent as we packed our things. 

Hershel wanted us out by dawn tomorrow, and Rick was no longer arguing. Of course he wanted them to help with Lori's birth, but Hershel seemed like he lost his mind after he finally came to and realized that his Beth, his little girl was gone. 

"What are we gonna do?" I whispered quietly to Dean as I folded one of my shirts into the duffel holding my stuff. He looked up at me, concern and apprehension plain in his face. 

"I don't know. I know we thought this group was strong... but Evie... it's getting worse by the day. This group is falling apart." He was whispering too. We weren't separated enough from the others to be able to speak our minds loudly. Hell, Rick and Lori's tent was about two feet to the right of ours, with Bobby on our other side. 

"Is there anything we could do? To help them?" I asked, not looking at him this time as I shoved my pillow into the bag. 

"Evie... I know you like them. They are... fine people I guess. But we can't be everything. We can't save everyone." My eyes snapped up to his. 

"We used to try." 

Dixon Tent

Dixon Tent

"We staying or we goin'? I know we put our grab and go plan on hold when those Winchesters showed up, but I'm telling you right now they're not gonna be here in the morning when we shove off. So, we gonna go?" Merle rambled, shoving some shit into his bag. He was being an even bigger asshole than normal, but hell, so was I. 

"We aren't robbin' em Merle. They have kids. Lori's pregnant." I grumbled, tearing down my cot. 

"So? Not my fault she couldn't keep her legs closed. It was fine before, when everyone was working to survive. But it's feeling more dangerous to stay here. We should go." He started out in his normal dickwad voice, but by the end he actually sounded serious for once in his life. 

I looked up at him, and he had stopped packing his shit up, and was glaring over at me. 

"We should go. I don't care if we don't take their shit, but we should go." I broke eye contact, staring down at my hands as I thought about what he was saying. 

"Why don't... we see what the Winchesters do. If they leave, we go with them. If they stay we stay. They're the toughest sons of bitches I've ever seen and if anyones gonna survive this it's them." When I looked up again, he was still staring at me, his serious face still on and he nodded. I huffed, and a smirk spread across his face quick as a whip. 

"Are you sure they're the toughest 'sons' of bitches, and not the toughest bitch you've ever met?" He snarked and I couldn't even control the white hot rage that burned through me when he called her that. 

"Shut the fuck up Merle." 

The Greene Farm

The Greene Farm

Dean and I were loading our shit up into the Impala, while pretty much everyone mimicked us. Bobby had put his stuff in about ten minutes before, and was helping fix up the RV to make sure it wouldn't break down this time. Sam was still  a no show but I had no doubt that he would be by soon with his stuff. 

"Alright. You good? Got gas and everything?" I asked Dean as we finally shoved the tent into the trunk on top of all our hunting gear and the three duffel bags that were laying off to the side. We were lucky our tent was so small and our trunk was so big honestly. 

"Yeah, tank is full, and got a couple extra cans in the back. Hopefully Sam doesn't knock 'em over with his Sasquatch feet." He joked, earning a smile from me for the first time in what felt like forever. 

"Right, well while you're waiting on Sammy, I'm gonna go check on everyone." I said, a small smile on my face as I looked out at the blue truck off in the distance. 

"Yeah, sure, 'everyone'." He said, adding finger quotes to everyone and I immediately flicked up my finger, giving him the very muted version of what I actually wanted to tell him to do. 

I had made it almost halfway down the mile between the farm house and the Dixon's camp when it happened. 

I watched, horror filling my body as over the crest of the hill behind the Dixon's camp a herd of walkers bigger than I had ever seen, started to descend.