It's the End for Me

"Get in formation!" I screamed as the dead approached us, and without hesitating the men grouped up around me, as practiced

"Get in formation!" I screamed as the dead approached us, and without hesitating the men grouped up around me, as practiced. We created a circle, with all of our backs facing in, and this way, we could never be surprised. 

"Get ready!" Dean yelled, as the herd fell upon us, and then we were fighting. I couldn't hear anything except the ringing of moans in my ears as the, at least two hundred, zombies converged on our group. I could feel Daryl's hand lightly brush my elbow every few moments, like he was checking I was there, and on my other side Dean would do the same but with his own elbow, as his hands were to busy with his guns. 

I had my machete in my right hand, and I was using it to chop heads almost in two, as these skulls seemed particularly soft and squishy, and the large hunting knife in my left was there just in case I needed it. But it felt like it was going well, until I heard Dean yell out from my left. I spun without thinking, turning my back to the group of walkers who were still coming to look at my brother as he was brought to the ground with two walkers on top of him. 

I was screaming. I know I was because it felt like my throat was bleeding, being ripped apart from the inside out. I watched, unable to do anything quick enough, as the walker on his chest ripped into his stomach, yanking out his intestines, and that was enough for me. I didn't even stop it. 

I could hear Daryl, and Sam screaming my name as I took a step backwards, away from the group, and into the eager arms of the dead. 

They were my saviors now, because we all know I cannot live without my brother. 

I didn't resist, I tilted my head to the side, and let the walker sink it's teeth into my neck. 

The last thing I saw was my brothers mangled corpse, and then a blinding flash of white. 

I was shooting, arrow after arrow into the skulls of the dead, and stabbing those that advanced too quickly

I was shooting, arrow after arrow into the skulls of the dead, and stabbing those that advanced too quickly. I was running out of ammo and I knew we would need to do something soon because it seemed like they just weren't stopping. I would stop, every few kills to check and make sure Evie and Merle were still beside me, and they always were. Until Dean screamed. 

I could tell it was the end of us. 

Dean screamed and then Evie was gone from beside me. I was yelling for her to come back, to keep formation, and Sam was yelling to, for everyone to stay tight, but it didn't work. I killed another two and figured I had enough time to see what was happening. I wish I hadn't. 

I turned, and watched as she saw her brother get torn apart. She was screaming, so loud that I could hear it echoing in the fucking tomb we had landed ourselves in. I watched, horrified as the walker tore into the man I had come to respect over the last few months. 

"Evie..." I was barely able to say, before I saw her move, and before I could do anything, she walked backwards right into the arms of a walker. I was loading my crossbow before I could think, but the arrow found it's mark too late. She was bit, and bleeding out. There wasn't anything I could do. 

Close your eyes!

The booming voice rang in my head and I immediately did what I was told, but I could still feel the heat, and see the bright light through my eyelids as Castiel teleported into the center of our group. 

"Keep your eyes closed!" He yelled, but his voice sounded different, deeper, and then it got hotter, so hot that I thought I was standing in an oven, but gradually the moans died out, until it was finally silent. 

"You may open them." Castiel's voice said, when the heat and the light was gone, and when I finally forced myself to open my eyes, she was laying right before me. Blood smeared across her neck, and leaking from the gaping wound there. Her eyes were glazed over and I could tell she was already dead. 

"Evie? Dean? Oh my god. Evie! Dean! No!" Sam was screaming. Bawling as he fell down to his knees at Evie's side. I could see the tears, but only because they fell onto her. I couldn't look away from her. This was my fault. My fault that she's dead. 

"No. No, no no no no no no. Evie... you can't leave me... I'm sorry Evie, come back!" Sam was yelling, as he pulled her face up into his chest. He was heaving sobs, and no one was speaking. 

"Evie..." He sobbed again, before laying her down and crawling on his hands and knees over to Dean's side. 

"Dean... Jesus... what do I do?" He was mumbling, and I knew he was about to lose his mind. 

"Sam. There is a solution." Everyone's attention snapped towards Castiel. He looked more wrecked than I had ever seen him, his gaze was focused on Evie's face and I could tell just from the look he was giving her that he loved her. Of course he did. Who wouldn't?

"What is it?" Sam rasped out, turning his attention away from his dead siblings and to the angel. 

"We go back in time, and stop this from happening."