006. hi, i'm y/n

ミ★
"what are we? dora the explorer?"

The entire event was painful for Aubrey. The only thing she thought was enjoyable was getting to see her father and brother's hard work finally being released to the public. She was incredibly proud of them for seeing the project through. Aubrey hadn't been able to help as much as she usually do since she's been in London, but she did give a couple of helping hand here and there at the start.

Most people who knew Aubrey personally always thought that she was one of those rich kids who weren't happy with their lives because of how cheery and bubbly she is as a person. It just didn't make sense that someone as vibrant as her to work as an R&D consultant or slave away in getting children the education and facilities they deserve. But those assumptions are so far from the truth. Aubrey loves her family a lot and she has a knack for projects.

She loves starting them and watching them take off and turn into something else, which is why her current job is perfect for her. She gets to give out pointers and work in any R&D project her dad and her brother are currently working on and can also do humanitarian projects at the same time. It truly is the best of both worlds.

The only downside was the fact that her position is too high up for people her age, so she doesn't get to have lots of friends from work. Madi was still in college and Dani was practically an instagram model. The both of them have friends on their own, but not her. Aubrey graduated early from both high school and MIT since that's apparently what happens when you're trained by THE Robert Hughes. The same thing had happened with her older brother and Madi was the only one who could not care less about STEM or anything in that genre. Both Jack and her are secretly so happy not all Hughes are lame ass nerds.

Her father was just happy he did something right with Madi, he often jokes that she's the only one that can function like a normal human being. He wasn't wrong, as he rarely ever was, the entire family can get too technical for your average john.

After all the speech and pleasantries, all the guests of the event were escorted to the dining hall, where they're going to be able to enjoy a 5 course meal and spend a couple of minutes talking with the man himself, Robert Hughes. Because that's what everyone wants these days, 5 minutes with the real life version of Tony Stark.

Aubrey could only role her eyes at all the people kissing her dad's ass in hopes of getting into business with him. Businessmen can be total assholes sometimes. Sons of businessmen are arguably even worse because instead of aiming at her dad they focus their attention on either her or her brother. It is both sickening and disgusting to see them pretend to be friends with her or her brother for their own ulterior motives.

When dessert was finally served Aubrey almost sighed in relief. She had already been there long enough to finally bail. The golden haired girl gave her brother and dad a kiss on their cheeks and practically ran out of that ballroom with her sister and bestfriend in tow.

She managed to change her clothes and tone down her make up in record time. She was going to meet David in front of Shake Shack since they were planning to get take out for wherever it is they're going. Aubrey had explained to David that she never really eats during these type of events because she rarely ever like the food being served and David had readily asked if she wanted to just order food to go.

The three girls jumped into their assigned town car and told the driver to step on it. The plan was for the girls to casually meet David at Shake Shack with her only the difference is they're going to stay and eat there whereas Aubrey and David are gonna go out once their food is ready. Aubrey was shaking in her boots and she didn't know why. She had never been this excited to meet a guy before.

"A, I know you're literally going on a date with him but is it bad that I'm lowkey freaking out on the inside?" Madi asked sheepishly.

"Not at all, I think I'm kind of freaking out too."

"Shit, I just realized that you're totally y/n," Dani cursed.

Madi gasped "Holy shit, you're right."

Aubrey's eyes went wide because she realized that what Dani said was true. "OHMYGOD!" she spluttered, before laughing her ass off. "This kind of shit just isn't real."

"Well apparently it's more than real because we're here already," Dani announced for the team.

All of them quickly went out with Dani and Madi sprinting towards the door. Aubrey, however, stupidly forgot her bag and ran back towards the car to fetch it.

Meanwhile, Dani and Madi spotted David immediately and went to him without actually thinking things through. David had his hood up and was on his phone in one of the booths at the corner of the restaurant.

"David?" Madi called hesitantly. David looked up and recognition filled his eyes. He stood up and smiled at the two girls.

"Madi right?" He asked, even though he already knew the answer.

Madi was trying her best not to squeal. David Dobrik knows her name. Her sister was definitely going to win sibling of the year.

"Yeah, that's me. The sister. This is my friend and Aubrey's best friend too actually, her name is Dani. We're big fans of your vlogs."

"Thanks guys, that's so sweet," David grinned before pulling both of them in a hug.

Just as he was about to let go of Dani he heard a sweet voice speak out, "Hitting on my bestfriend already, Dobrik?"

David spun around so fast he almost got a whiplash. Standing in front of him was the girl. He stood frozen for a couple of seconds, almost starstruck. She was even better in person than in pictures. Absolutely stunning. He noticed that she had definitely dressed down from the party. She was now in jeans, a plain white top and a thin purple cardigan. He loved the fact that she still felt reachable, he was worried that she was going to be one of those girls who were so hot that they were untouchable, but she radiated a different kind of energy. She was warm and inviting, and even though it was a chilly New York night, she somehow still felt like sunshine and rainbows.

Realizing that he had been lost in his own thoughts, he quickly snapped himself out of his little daydream and answered her, "Well your slow ass was taking so long, I had to keep myself entertained somehow."

Aubrey laughed and nodded in response. "As they have probably told you already, this is Dani and Madi. They're b
here because apparently, they're "your biggest fans"," she explained while rolling her eyes.

"Says the girl who wrecked her closet trying to find the perfect outfit to meet this guy. I think it's safe to say you're way more obsessed with him than we are," Dani retaliated.

David immediately took the chance to tease Aubrey, "Aww you wanted to look good for me??"

Aubrey tried her best to hide her blush. After taking a mental note to kill Dani and her sister later, she replied to David with, "Shut up Dave, are we getting food or what?"

David laughed at her terrible way of changing the topic but followed her to the cashier nevertheless. They ordered their food which David had demanded to pay for and before they knew it, David and Aubrey went on their merry way.

Before leaving Shake Shack though, David, being the dork that he is, held his arm out for Aubrey and asked, "So are you ready to go on an adventure with me?"

Of course, Aubrey rolled her eyes jokingly at his antics before responding, "What are we? Dora the Explorer?"

a/n: they finally meet yeaaayyy!!! i hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! i have a good amount of chapters pre-written so my updates should be pretty regular, don't forget to vote plss, that way i'll know if y'all are liking it