041. homegirl

ミ★
"someone crop natalie out let's keep the
focus on the art."

On their second day in Vernon Hills, Aubrey and David spent their time with David's hometown friends. This was going to be Aubrey's first time meeting David's friends because she's never been to his hometown before this. Throughout the time that they've been dating, Aubrey has never gone with David because she obviously had work and it would be a big step in their relationship.

The thought of meeting the Vernon Hills gang made her more nervous than meeting Palo and Christine. Aubrey knew how much David valued his hometown friends, heck, she was almost 100% sure that they're ranked higher than his LA friends, and so, if they didn't like her, she was basically fucked. Plus, it was going to put David in a tough position and she'd hate herself for putting her boyfriend in that place.

Usually, she'd never worry about what other people thought of her, she's always been someone who was sure of herself. She was a Hughes, after all. However, ever since there was a hate fiesta going on around her, she's been really wary of how it was going to impact how people were going to look at her. What if David's friends' been looking at all the things that people have been caling her lately? God, that would mean that they'd already have a terrible impression of her.

She can only hope that she can change their minds with their meeting. After all, they were going to spend a week in this town.

Aubrey kept her arms crossed during the entire car ride to John's house, a habit that she has when she's nervous, one that David has definitely come to know. "What's wrong babe?"

"Huh?" Aubrey stepped out of her trance.

"You're crossing your arms, you only do that when you're either nervous or uncomfortable," David said, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I guess I'm just a bit nervous to meet your hometown friends. I'm not exactly America's sweetheart right now," Aubrey communicated to her boyfriend.

David scoffed, as if dismissing her worry, "You have nothing to worry about, Bree. They're going to love you."

True to his words, everyone was very welcoming to Aubrey when she came.

"Heyy!" Natalie greeted her joyfully at the door of the house.

"Natalie!" Aubrey squealed, the biggest smile on her face.

The two girls shared a tight hug for a moment before pulling away. "You didn't tell me you were going to come!"

"To be honest, I didn't even know I was going to come until you were already on the plane," the heiress responded sheepishly.

"Well, I'm glad you did," Nat told her, "David was unbearable to be with."

"I heard that," the said boy called out from inside the house.

"I don't fucking care, Dave."

Aubrey laughed at their interaction, glad that some things do stay the same.

"Baby, come here, meet everyone," David gestured for her to come over to where he is.

Aubrey tried to gather as much confidence and courage as she could before approaching everyone.

"So you're the famous Aubrey everyone's been talking about," Alex said when she neared them.

"Guilty," the said girl smiled the most charming smile she had and just like that the boys were entranced by her.

"Yeah, I see it now," John mumbled, voicing his thoughts out loud.

The rest of the boys laughed at him, and David was of course, recording the whole things.