030. charms

ミ★
"happy one month anniversary!"

"Hey, Aubrey?"

Aubrey looked up to see one of her colleagues standing by her office door.

"Rachel! Come in, come in!" She smiled.

The girl smiled gratefully, walking into her office and to the front of her desk.

"What's up, Rach?"

"Uh...I really don't know how to say this and this might be a little inappropriate but I heard that you're dating David Dobrik and..."

"Where is this going?" Aubrey asked a little sharply, unsure of where this was going.

"It's nothing like that, it's um...my nephew. He had cancer and he was just declared cancer free by his doctors. He's a fan of your boyfriend's vlogs and I know this is a huge favor to ask but do you think he can see him? My family really wants to do something special but we can't actually get a lot since the hospital bills are still piling up and they just really need a break, but he's a great boy A, and he genuinely loves the vlogs, God, I don't even know why I'm here, I'm so sorry-" Rachel was starting to ramble in nervousness so Aubrey thought she'd just get the poor girl out of her misery and cut her off.

"Rachel, you're fine. We'd love to meet him. Don't worry girl, I'll make it happen."

"Seriously?"

"Absolutely, just text me all the details and I'll get David there," Aubrey nodded.

"Oh my god, thank you so much, Aubrey. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"Don't worry about it, I'm happy to do it."

Rachel bid her goodbye soon after, thanking Aubrey again.

Once she's gone, Aubrey still kept a huge smile on her face, knowing her loving boyfriend would probably be super ecstatic to do this with her.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

Aubrey was spot on because that weekend, she and a bunch of the vlog squad gang made their way to little Lucas' home. It blew her mind that Lucas was only 14 years old and had suffered through so much in his life. His family didn't have much, and Rachel had explained that her entire family had to chip in for a lot when it came to his medical bills. That was enough to make Aubrey and David have a big crying session on its own.

When they finally reached the neighborhood of the boy's home, they  almost cried again. Every house on the street looked very old and run down, and none of them were very big. It also looked very dry and dull since there wasn't really any greenery.

Looking at her upset girlfriend, David took Aubrey's hand and squeezed, giving her a reassuring look to which she smiled at.

The group reached the boy's house and met up with Rachel on the front porch. They all quietly exchanged pleasantries and introduction before going straight down to business.

"Okay, so he's inside, and his friends are coming over in a second to get him to hang out with them, and so I was thinking maybe you can scare him from the door?" Rachel asked David.

"Oh yeah, we can just stand by the sides of the front door and scare him once he comes out."

After he said that, a group of boys came by the house. They were Lucas' friends who were also fans of the vlog. They all were shitting themselves but was trying their best not to get rowdy. That just shows how loved Lucas is by his friends.