050. accountability

ミ★
"he showed me the world, dan."

Aubrey was so sure that she was going to have the time of her life. It was Dani's birthday week, and like the amazing best friend that she was, she had planned a very special trip to the Bahamas for them to celebrate. It was going to be Aubrey's first real vacation for the first time in awhile.

She had just finished a bunch of projects with the foundation, the latest one being another collaboration with David and the rest of the gang. It was actually a miracle that they managed to do that flawlessly since Aubrey and David had really been disappearing on each other for the past couple of months.

There were days that were unbearable for the two of them because they couldn't stop being annoyed at each other. Sadly, since the both of them didn't like fighting or hurting the other, they liked to just let things be and retaliate by making micro-aggressions towards the other.

These passive aggressive acts of course did nothing but drive them further apart. Aubrey and David still loved each other whole heartedly, it was just that they weren't working at all. They didn't know what happened but with how bad things were, they didn't want to make it worse by always calling each other out whenever something was bothering them.

Of course, they still had their beautiful moments, but it wasn't the same. The only thing that made things seem somewhat consistent was how much their friends were rooting for them, and how much they believed in them.

Aubrey was elated to be able to go on this trip with her best friend, in fact, she was probably more excited than Dani was. The poor working girl had been in dire need of a vacation where she can just let herself go for awhile. No work, no weird dad inventions, and... no David.

At first, she didn't want to admit how badly she wanted to get away from her relationship, but alas, it was almost impossible not to. In an attempt to salvage her very fragile relationship with her boyfriend, Aubrey had taken less business trips and had tried to include herself into David's life more and more lately. But it didn't work. David still just goes wherever he wants without telling her where he went and Aubrey still wishes that she could be anywhere where David wasn't. Besides, for some reason the whole scene felt different to her now.

There were just too many secrets. Too many things they were holding back from each other. They were too scared to lose each other to fix all that was wrong with them. What if they finally addressed everything and it turned out that they just weren't meant to be?

That would crush both of them.

The second she entered her plane, Aubrey made sure that her phone was turned off. She didn't want to be anywhere near social media. Although things got significantly better since her stupid work-it video, she still had a lot of haters riding on her back. She had gotten used to them, but it was still really exhausting sometimes. Not wanting to add more fuel to the fire, the heiress had also strategically avoided the cameras so that the viewers wouldn't find more things to pick on. It was almost necessary since sometimes David would take her by surprise and include her in the vlogs without consulting to her first. Yet another problem they had yet to address, how Aubrey hated it when David would post about her and her life without caring how it would make her look to the public.

Closing her eyes as she laid on the very expensive seat of the plane, Aubrey thought about nothing but getting away from the now unbearable city that is, Los Angeles.